Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hardback247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used New Super Ultimate Injector to put Sega Genesis ROMS on my New 3DS XL, but the emulation is flawed. What I mean is that the image is not only stretched horizontally, but the emulation is also not "pixel perfect." It's smoothed out. What can I do to fix it?

SnowShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for adding on the questions but does anyone know if this project will ever be updated? I had hoped it would lead to TemperPCE forwarders
Asdolo posted a pastebin of what looks like some updates to a beta v28 https://pastebin.com/2HNUEBCp
He posted it late last month but looking at it, it seems theres hasnt been anything done in almost a year.

strawpoll-legend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason, not all compatible NES titles are working with the injector. The ones I've got working are Star Soldier and Summer Carnival '92: Recca, but Galaga and Salamander aren't working (I'm using the Japanese version of each title, since they're both only available on the eShop in Japan). The ones that work run fine, but Galaga and Salamander show up as a white screen. I don't think it's a region issue, because although I'm using a U.S. 2DS, I'm using custom firmware, and Recca is a Japanese game working fine.

Edit: I updated to beta 27, when I had been running 26 before. 27 actually gave me an error, which is more than 26 was doing, but the error literally just reads RESULT_ERROR_DURING_PROCESS. What does that mean?

Last edited by strawpoll-legend,

Ancient_Lurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google has failed me, and I can't find a way to easily search through this thread, so hopefully someone can help me (or link me to the obvious thread/guide I missed).

1) Does NSUI automatically select the correct save type when you select a GBA ROM? How does it do this, and if it doesn't, short of getting it wrong, testing it, then finding my entire save file is gone after minutes (or hours?) or playing, how can you tell if you have the correct save type selected?

2) Under GBA project content options, what is ghosting and how does it affect your game?

Is there a compatibility/optimization list for NSUI that covers these options for all (if not just the most popular) games similar to the ones that exist for mGBA and Snes9x, etc.? If not, is that something I can help put together? I have a lot of free time right now (thanks, COVID) and a New 2DS XL I just modded, so I would love to help make this process easier for other noobs struggling due to lack of documentation.

Ancient_Lurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason, not all compatible NES titles are working with the injector. The ones I've got working are Star Soldier and Summer Carnival '92: Recca, but Galaga and Salamander aren't working (I'm using the Japanese version of each title, since they're both only available on the eShop in Japan). The ones that work run fine, but Galaga and Salamander show up as a white screen. I don't think it's a region issue, because although I'm using a U.S. 2DS, I'm using custom firmware, and Recca is a Japanese game working fine.

Edit: I updated to beta 27, when I had been running 26 before. 27 actually gave me an error, which is more than 26 was doing, but the error literally just reads RESULT_ERROR_DURING_PROCESS. What does that mean?

I was able to recreate your issue. It seems that Japan version of Galaga (and I assume Salamander, I didn't check) doesn't want to run in VC using either injection method. The US version worked just fine for me, though. If you don't have the Japan eShop CIA to directly install and test I would recommend injecting the US NES rom.

As for your error, I couldn't recreate that. I am using BETA 27, so idk why it would do that unless you have a corrupted rom or were exporting to an abnormally long file path or something.

Last edited by Ancient_Lurker,

Ichisuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry but how do I use a custom palette with gambatte on a GB game? I mean I have a .pal file with the colors I like but I don't know where to put the file...

eqagunn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
NxNVvaT.png

Doing some newbie research here...

There are total of 120 slots on home screen, but using folders your actual limit is 300 (or more if using 3DSBank-like methods).
Instruction manual is wrong and even though it says you can have 60x60=360 software icons you are actually limited to 300.
Out of those 300 you can have max 40 Forwarder3-DS injects.

Am I getting this right?
Do NSUI injects have 300 limit or 40 limit?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NxNVvaT.png

Doing some newbie research here...

There are total of 120 slots on home screen, but using folders your actual limit is 300 (or more if using 3DSBank-like methods).
Instruction manual is wrong and even though it says you can have 60x60=360 software icons you are actually limited to 300.
Out of those 300 you can have max 40 Forwarder3-DS injects.

Am I getting this right?
Do NSUI injects have 300 limit or 40 limit?
you have 300 spots for 3ds games, badges, folders. There are 40 spots for any dsiware classed titles and apps.

SnowShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question from above was "How are NSUI injects classed?"
Injects are classed the same as games, so 300.
Tho that limit only applies to what will show up on the home screen, if you're ok launching them threw other means you can load up more then the limit. Any game after the limit doesn't show up but is still on the console, using fbi or homebrew you can get em going.

Reactions: eqagunn

hollowdeathcult

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
EDIT: I resolved the issue I had but I am here with a new one. I am trying to put a png on the banner for a snes forwarder, but the images are all in grey and I see no way to change that. Is this fixable?

Last edited by hollowdeathcult,

Neptuuune

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hi, I tried injectin a few Super Mario Advance with this program and they all work great. I tried doing it again with the same ROM as I used last time (SMA4, SMB3) but this time I just made a few cosmetic changes.

This time, when I attempt to export CIA to anywhere on my computer, it just doesn't export it. Doesn't show any error.
When it offers me where to export it, the area where you put the name of the CIA is completely blank, so maybe that's relevant?

mal_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi, I tried injectin a few Super Mario Advance with this program and they all work great. I tried doing it again with the same ROM as I used last time (SMA4, SMB3) but this time I just made a few cosmetic changes.

This time, when I attempt to export CIA to anywhere on my computer, it just doesn't export it. Doesn't show any error.
When it offers me where to export it, the area where you put the name of the CIA is completely blank, so maybe that's relevant?

Are you typing the CIA name in a language, that isn't english? Try typing it in english and see, if it works.

Neptuuune

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Are you typing the CIA name in a language, that isn't english? Try typing it in english and see, if it works.

I actually used a Spanish version, good guess.
I used an English version that very same day and then it worked. My portable little original 3DS has SMA4.
Sorry for the long time it took to reply

Reactions: mal_

mal_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I actually used a Spanish version, good guess.
I used an English version that very same day and then it worked. My portable little original 3DS has SMA4.
Sorry for the long time it took to reply
Good job on getting it to work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?