[Discussion] How does one keep motivation?

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have had a serious lack in motivation as of lately. Here are some projects I worked on.

[Create a app to track user data and change location on a map] - Finished app but gave up after trying to switch the status due to lack of motivation

[Create a Anime Streaming app for Apple TV] - lost motivation after 2 days because I didn't know anything + lack of motivation

[Level Design in unity] - got pretty far actually but gave up after land scape to to lack of motivation

Anyway. how can I keep motivation to finish things I like to do? I haven't finish anything id quite some time because of this.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember why you started it in the first place; imagine how proud you will feel after it's done. I recently finished the first chapter of my book after thinking about it for a few years and that gave me motivation to keep going.

Reactions: BurningDesire

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I have lots of active projects (well, closely related yet distinct parts of a single super project: Sky Editor, the plugin based MVVM ROM/save editor). I switch between working on any of those, and gaming, whenever I get bored.

And since my projects are based on a game (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon), I get motivation whenever I play them.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find some friends and talk with them. Keep them around and never shut them out. You'll be lonely and consequentially less motivated if you isolate yourself.

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So I have had a serious lack in motivation as of lately. Here are some projects I worked on.

[Create a app to track user data and change location on a map] - Finished app but gave up after trying to switch the status due to lack of motivation

[Create a Anime Streaming app for Apple TV] - lost motivation after 2 days because I didn't know anything + lack of motivation

[Level Design in unity] - got pretty far actually but gave up after land scape to to lack of motivation

Anyway. how can I keep motivation to finish things I like to do? I haven't finish anything id quite some time because of this.

I wouldn't say this is a lack of motivation, this sounds like you're trying things out.
You should find the thing you love most and know the most about and be good at that. The rest will follow. If you do things for money ... Means that your heart is not into it, but if you love to do something you won't even think about money ... Which does come eventually once you're good at what you do.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I wouldn't say this is a lack of motivation, this sounds like you're trying things out.
You should find the thing you love most and know the most about and be good at that. The rest will follow. If you do things for money ... Means that your heart is not into it, but if you love to do something you won't even think about money ... Which does come eventually once you're good at what you do.

This, and if you really wanna do things your heart is not into cause other people want you to, use anger as a tool for motivation, and your heart will be put into it beautifully and you can do your work excellently (experience from parents expecting good exam results).

Reactions: Engert

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Motivation is fleeting. Discipline is what gets results.

Not always, I've always found discipline to be a demotivating trait. For those who love being strict on themselves and love following orders, they might succeed using discipline in whatever they do, but they cannot be happy, it's a fact.
Remove discipline and teach passion and then a reason to follow that particular passion, and that over-weighs discipline and adds the happiness to what you're doing too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them