Hacking [Discussion] do you think installing cfw will ever be made easier?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You should not try that in the EULA there is probably something stating this is illegal(why wouldn't they), and pull you to court.
If you make it look unintentional, both in action and in the code, they can't do anything other than pull it from the eshop. Even bigger a thing would be to ship it out in physical cartridges with the exploit, so even if it gets pulled down, it will still be out. Also, with cartridges, it would be unpatchable (besides downloading an update from eshop but who would?:P) and could just be used like a flashcart (put it in the system, load up, done, move on to next 3DS to hack)

Reactions: thom_tl
D

Deleted User

it can be simpler
i did ntrboot on one of my bricked systems without a magnet
you just need a flashed cart and some paper
As far as I know, the only thing that would make installing luma easier, is if gm9 had access to the sd of a flashcard. (It's possible, but no one is gonna do it).
iirc some carts do

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it can be simpler
i did ntrboot on one of my bricked systems without a magnet
you just need a flashed cart and some paper

iirc some carts do
Almost all carts support the possibility, however godmode9 needs to be able to support each cart individually. The only exception that may exist is the Akrpg, As it has (iirc) that 1gig chip used to store problematic games.

Reactions: Deleted User

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I doubt it could be simplified much more. I mean, heck, it used to be far more complicated. Then again, I did a hardmod, so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask (not that a hardmod is all that difficult either but still).

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No need to implement DLDI and stuff, any extra files up to a total reasonable size (what more is really needed, as first step, than luma.firm and fbi.3dsx?) can be theoretically* packaged in the .firm that's written to the ntrboot flashcard

* I know too much

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be easier if Nintendo would just provide a Luma installing service right out of the factory. For $19.99, you can get your device officially hacked right out of the production line.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It would be easier if Nintendo would just provide a Luma installing service right out of the factory. For $19.99, you can get your device officially hacked right out of the production line.
Why would they do that? I mean, even if they sold the system fully unlocked, why Luma of all things when they could just use a FW they made? For example, a Luma-like FW with the difference that playing pirated games won't be possible...

Reactions: Deleted User

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would they do that? I mean, even if they sold the system fully unlocked, why Luma of all things when they could just use a FW they made? For example, a Luma-like FW with the difference that playing pirated games won't be possible...

I hope you sensed a little sarcasm in my post.

thom_tl

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This actually happens with select Android smartphones they offer a bootrom unlock function, which allows you to install a custom ROM(cfw) without using exploits.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This actually happens with select Android smartphones they offer a bootrom unlock function, which allows you to install a custom ROM(cfw) without using exploits.
yeah but you can also do piracy withount unlocking the bootloader

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know it was just an example, nintendo offering native homebrew on their consoles could actually happen. It would make a lot of fans happy and it would't affect their sales negatively.
yeah but the thing is ms offered devmode and that got used to enable piracy

thom_tl

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah but the thing is ms offered devmode and that got used to enable piracy
Is there public piracy? also they still needed a exploit to enable piracy just one less. That one exploit to enable code execution gets found on almost every system because the codebase is to big to remove all exploits.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there public piracy? also they still needed a exploit to enable piracy just one less. That one exploit to enable code execution gets found on almost every system because the codebase is to big to remove all exploits.
there isnt no needed exploit in devmode for that it works by dumping the play everywhere games into appx files and installing them in dev mode ms allow backups prety much

Reactions: thom_tl

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
there is a way, install B9S with luma without PC, just from using NTRboot, but you have to compile the injector yourself.

Reactions: ThoD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*