Hacking [Discussion] 5.0x spoofer for 4.05?

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sorry mate, forgot.

Every time a member uses that excuse, somewhere a baby kitten dies.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY POOR BABY KITTENS HAVE DIED UP TO THIS POINT? DO YOU? :angry:

Err... sorry, I got carried away somehow. Regardless, I still don't believe you, since you were totally able to put a question mark into the OP.

Last edited by Axido,
Reactions: Navonod

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
More likely, decrypting the pkg's that need 4.05+ and patching out the required firmware, like you can on the PS3.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is a spoofer possible? Because ever since, I'm subscribed with PSN. And my subscription is active for 2 more years so I'm really having 2nd thoughts if I should sell my current ps4 (latest firm) and buy a pre 4.07 one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If a spoofer is indeed possible then that means I can play all my legit games online on a 4.05 and at the same time use homebrews right?

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Unlike PS3 or 3ds, ps4 has meaningful updates which extend the sony api available both in the system and online. For example: 4.07 patches a part of the current hen workflow (I don't remember if it was the user or the kernel part, but I do believe it's the latter), 4.50 adds game installation to USB and 4.55 adds pro mode to deliver special graphic settings to ps4 pro.

Without these functions, syscalls, and underlying code base properly implemented the games simply will crash. Even if we force a game >4.05 to install (which is completely possible with the game's unencrypted files) it will just plainly crash into a ball of fire trying to run.

So, unless we manually implement those changes (via decrypting an update and installing) and then "spoof" (right down changing the version everywhere) there's a chance of that working. As I put it, it sounds more and more like updating to me.

Long story short: Wait for releases in newer versions. Maybe there's a chance of installing some sort of patch for the update code to ignore signatures so we could install "cfw"-esque updates of the system. I highly doubt it though.

Reactions: gamba66

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool