Discuss: SystemTransffer ripped Pre-Installed games to Sysnand!!!

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by DjoeN, Apr 13, 2015.

1. DjoeN
    OP

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    It's not a how to, it's to post and discuss your result for system transffering the (Legit/Clean) pre-installed games you got ripped with rxTools and converted to CIA with FunkyCIA(2) and have installed in Sysnand.
    To find a way to get them all to a target system that is not hackable anymore (beyond 9.2/9.4, mostly latest sysnand)

You can discuss how to and what you did to try it.
    We want to system transffer the pre-installed games to another 3DS system on latest Sysnand
    - Emunand to Sysnand
    - Sysnand to Sysnand
    - How many games did you try it with?
    - Etc...

No asking where to get the games or other off-topic stuff please!
    Try to avoid Emunand to Emunand transffer, that's not what we want.

My setup:
    - 3DS XL Hardmodded on Sysnand 9.2 for installing the games and upgrading it later to sysnand 9.6 as Source
    - 3DS XL on 9.6 Sysnand as target

I tried Emunand to Sysnand Transffer, and that failed over and over, so i tought, Sysnand to Sysnand will work for sure.

Here's what i did:

Result from Sysnand to Sysnand transffer.

Source: 3DS XL Hardmodded on 9.6 Sysnand
    Target: 3DS XL on 9.6 Sysynand
    Goal: System Transffer the pre-installed games from Sysnand to Sysnand (No emunand involved)

- 3DS XL with Hardmod on 9.2 sysnand
    - Made backup of NAND with win32diskimager
    - Installed all pre-installed games with DEVMENU on Gateway Red card (not installed as cia, to keep the system as clean as possible from hack stuff) to Sysnand (All 16 European ones)
    - Didn't setup Emunand, cause i did not need it
    - Updated 3DS XL to 9.6 Sysnand afterwards
    - Setup NNID
    - eShop NNID said i had downloaded all the preinstalled games
    - Wiped some pre-installed games
    - eShop NNID said i could redownload the games i wiped (so i did)
    - Downloaded some free games (Pokémon Shuffle and Rumble and IronFall Invasion aswell the free submarine game)
    - Played all games.
    - Formatted Target 3DS XL (You can't have a NNID setup on the Target system)
    - Setup System again so i could start System Transffer
    - System Transffered 3DS XL hardmodded on 9.6 sysynand to 3DS XL on 9.6 Sysnand

Conclusion:
    - The pre-installed games did not transffered, i could not redownload them
    - The free games did show up on the target 3DS XL
    - All pre-installed games are greyed out with an X in software management and you cand wipe/backup them, only wipe everything works)

Side Note:
    - User "Katlanie" mentioned she/he could redownload the pre-installed games on the Source system after setting it up again and linking a NNID to it, so i tried that to, and she/he was right about that.

- When setting up the source 3DS again, i could redownload the pre-installed games on that system with another NNID configured, in normal circumstances, everything should be wiped on the source 3DS system

So we do miss something more that is needed to transffer the pre-installed games. they show up fully legit and you can play them on your source 3DS on Sysnand 9.6 (No emunand was ever involved) You can download the updates and wipe and redownload them.

I'm not a tech guy but it seems the ticked.db transffered from source does not included the needed info to redownload them again or show up on the target system. The games did not get linked to the NNID, so they didn't get transffered with the NNID.

2. DjoeN
    OP

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
  3. Takenover83

Takenover83 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2009
    United States
    Would love to get it working one way or another. I have 5 3ds's I manage ><.