Homebrew [Discuss] Potential of a bootrom dump.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
With all the sighax news that have recently appeared thanks to the 33c3, there has been reports of some people trying to dump the bootroms. We all know that thanks to that it would be possible to bruteforce a perfect signature that will allow custom firms to be installed to firm partitions. However, that's not the only useful thing that a bootrom dump archieve, since it has many of the keys used with the encryption system. I create this thread for people who know about this to discuss the possibilities of having all the missing keys present in the bootrom. Will it allow to decrypt games/updates/etc without a 3DS? Will it allow (or make easier) to switch nands between 3DSes? Will it be possible to create new exploits by decrypting download play data? Will it allow to fake sign cias? (I already have an idea of some of the answers, but before I share any wrong info, I prefer to ask.)

Discuss! :)
(And please, keep the thread clean)

Last edited by PabloMK7,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't even knwo what would I install the bootrom exploit (aka sighax?) if I have already A9LH and Luma3DS, so if anyone can explain me...

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
While the first thread has some little info, they only talk about dumping the bootrom. I want to create a Q&A-like thread to prevent people for creating "OMFG I have the prot_boot9.bin file how to install CFW?" threads in the future.
I don't even knwo what would I install the bootrom exploit (aka sighax?) if I have already A9LH and Luma3DS, so if anyone can explain me...
At the user end, only a faster boot time. (afaik) All the info about sighax can be found at the sighax thread, (however it is a bit difficult to find as all the info is spread between all its pages).

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
While the first thread has some little info, they only talk about dumping the bootrom. I want to create a Q&A-like thread to prevent people for creating "OMFG I have the prot_boot9.bin file how to install CFW?" threads in the future.

At the user end, only a faster boot time. (afaik) All the info about sighax can be found at the sighax thread, (however it is a bit difficult to find as all the info is spread between all its pages).
Not by that much even, just a couple of miliseconds. It will also give OTP access.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.