Discovery could facilitate private servers for wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by whatupdog, Mar 11, 2014.

1. whatupdog
    OP

whatupdog Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2013
    United States
    For a few months now there has been an effort to create a private server for Monster Hunter Tri to regain the online component of the game. The efforts are led primarily by ngevan2k who hosts a forum about the project at sufami.org

The forum is difficult to navigate due to a large number of bots posting, but the discoveries of weaknesses and ways to exploit the ssl certificate system are compelling. Anyone interested in preserving the online components of Nintendo Wii would do well to check out the site.

The latest news post about the discovery is here: http://www.sufami.org/thread.php?board=8&thema=23&page=1

I think it's interesting to say the least. This could be the final step to the wii home-brew community taking control of every function of Nintendo's most hacked console!

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Dead link "Access to this server is forbidden from your client" Please fix or try to find a working link :P Lolwut? Yeah, no one can access that link, the site block access.

Edit: Seems some IP addresses re blacklists, nothing a proxy server can't fix. Downloaded the file on the forums, might re-upload for those who are interested (unless that's against the rules) and can't access the site.

3. whatupdog
    OP

whatupdog Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2013
    United States
    I guess it's blocked to some countries due to a ridiculous amount of spamming on his forum. Here is a quote of his latest post:

Sorry you can't access his site but many others can, and are posting there regularly.

4. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Crap happens, no worries. Too bad I can't contact the admin. Anyways, I found a way to access it, I just used a proxy server and loads just fine. Also downloaded the file, maybe I'll re-upload for anyone else who can't access it ;) You can't even register on there, he has it blocked so, yeah, no chance of unblocking blocks lol.

He does have an email or some way to contact does he?

Heh, joke's on the person who blocked the address, I still get access :P

5. whatupdog
    OP

whatupdog Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2013
    United States

I usually contact him through the forum, but I'll see about getting some contact info from him.

the_randomizer likes this.
  6. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Yeah, IP blocks are bloody inconvenient IMHO ;) C'est la vie. I hope that people can save the Wii WiFi services somehow.

7. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I'm still waiting for some talented programmers making an Xbox Live clone for the original Xbox.
    It's well documented and it could be done.
    Iirc, they where working on it.

I'd love to see the weather channel up again.
    It's fun to check out temperatures across the globe.

8. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    can't wait to try that out!
    the Wii scene is truly the best

9. starwars350

starwars350 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2015
    United States
    Hey, anyone know the status of this right now?

10. whatupdog
    OP

whatupdog Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2013
    United States
    Unfortunately the last time I checked this whole effort has dropped off the face of the web. I got a wiiU and lost interest to be honest, but if it ever resurfaces, I would love to see this project come to fruition.

petethepug likes this.
  11. DarkLord236

DarkLord236 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2016
    Indonesia
    Why is the site sufami.org inaccesible? Is it down?

12. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I think it was intended to be a joke thread. Notice it's from 2015 as well :P