Discord amasses US/EU servers to prepare for Video Chat and Screen Sharing.

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Aug 4, 2017.

?

Do you like how discord is improving?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Discord announced on twitter that upcoming discord features that been wanted (I assume) for long time, video chat and screen sharing will be available sometime. To prepare for the feature, they amass hundreds of new servers in US and EU.

I'm sharing this to inform some people since is probably a good thing. It means you can do video chats with friends on both Desktop and mobile apps, and screen share. Screen share is a feature like similar social apps that allow you and your friend to display your computer screen for things like sharing info, showing how to do some things or working on projects together.

What I find of interest is now you can probably broadcast games with this feature, not only to friend but entire group servers. Of course I dunno if that is the case but it would be a nice thing to have. I hope to see more "BUFFS" in the future. :)

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    No. The server development I want to see is an open protocol and the ability to run my own servers.

3. KapuDaKoopa

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    It shouldn't be too much longer for real since atleast in Canary video calling has been implemented for some time, just not usable/accessible to anyone but devs (or sneaky sneaks)