Hacking Disconnect Emunand from Systemnand (New 3DS)

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi guys,
i fromated emunand, updated it to 9.5, turned the New 3DS off, removed the Micro SD Card, fromated the System Nand and put the micro SD Card again in the slot. However, my internet connection always return to the System Nand, what makes me feel unsafe. Someone can give me some tips?
Thanks in advance! :)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
i fromated emunand, updated it to 9.5, turned the New 3DS off, removed the Micro SD Card, fromated the System Nand and put the micro SD Card again in the slot. However, my internet connection always return to the System Nand, what makes me feel unsafe. Someone can give me some tips?
Hmmm. Interesting, everytime I format sysnand it wipes out my connection. You could try it again or just manually delete the connection in sysnand.

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

In SysNAND, fill the connections with fake ones. If you don't, ones from EmuNAND will be written to SysNAND too.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hmmm. Interesting, everytime I format sysnand it wipes out my connection. You could try it again or just manually delete the connection in sysnand.
I formated the Systemnand again and it seems that the internet connection in Emunand don't get linked in Systemnand anymore. Thank you :)
In SysNAND, fill the connections with fake ones. If you don't, ones from EmuNAND will be written to SysNAND too.
I formated the Systemnand on my 3DS XL before and I don't need to fill the connections with fake ones yet. But a good idea if someone don't want to disconnect the Systemnand from Emunand, for whatever reason lol

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any advantages to having your SysNAND and EmuNAND linked..? All I've seen so far is advantages having them un-linked. :unsure:

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any advantages to having your SysNAND and EmuNAND linked..? All I've seen so far is advantages having them un-linked. :unsure:

There was that method for installing DSiware that required being linked, but it was only useful if you had actually had the DSiware on that 3DS previously and deleted it.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What is the method for unlinking? Format emunand with Gateway menu and then format sysnand with 3DS settings menu?

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
What is the method for unlinking? Format emunand with Gateway menu and then format sysnand with 3DS settings menu?

Yup, but remember to take your SD/micro-SD card out before you start otherwise you'll end up formatting both lol

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You also can't create xorpad files if your NAND's are unlinked. But since the New3DS came out and you likely didn't system transfer to sysnand, that shouldn't be an issue.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You also can't create xorpad files if your NAND's are unlinked. But since the New3DS came out and you likely didn't system transfer to sysnand, that shouldn't be an issue.
It's emuNAND you can't create xorpads for isn't it? So if you system transferred to emuNAND and wanted to dump eShop games or whatever, you still wouldn't be able to.
I know this was a problem with the CTR Multi Decryptor, but I'm not sure if it's an issue anymore with rxTools. There is no mention of it in the thread.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's emuNAND you can't create xorpads for isn't it? So if you system transferred to emuNAND and wanted to dump eShop games or whatever, you still wouldn't be able to.
I know this was a problem with the CTR Multi Decryptor, but I'm not sure if it's an issue anymore with rxTools. There is no mention of it in the thread.

Right. On OG3DS it was an issue because you would likely have eShop stuff in sysNAND and emuNAND. On N3DS that wasn't really possible though unless you were a really early adopter with 9.2 version code. Still worth mentioning though since it is a caveat.

I'm not sure about rxTools. I was interested in dumping my CIA's but not after I found that one site everyone goes to for them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.