Discoloration on page loading sometimes.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes when I load GBAtemp on Chrome, certain aspects of my chosen theme will load like normal, but then change back to the default bright theme, as pictured below with the bright title bar. (Left pic)

Screenshot_20201213-194411_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201213-194803_Chrome.jpg

As you can see by these two screenshots, the one on the right is how it's supposed to look. And this happens on my Chrome for desktop as well, both are the 64-bit version. But since Chrome is the only browser I ever use, I am unable to notice if other browsers are affected too or not. Just including this information to help you squash this bug, if it helps.

Souperman9

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I get this pretty often as well! I wasn't sure if it was just me, so I never posted about it, but it's the exact same thing on Edge desktop (which is also chromium based) with Dark Mode

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I get this pretty often as well! I wasn't sure if it was just me, so I never posted about it, but it's the exact same thing on Edge desktop (which is also chromium based) with Dark Mode
It just happened as I was reading your reply on my PC. It's quite jarring to those of us with vision problems. I'm light sensitive, so anything massively bright like this on my screen is like looking into the sun for a regular person.

@shaunj66 could you take a look at what's going on and see if this bug is fixable?

broken.jpg

Reactions: Souperman9
D

Deleted User

i've been getting this since the new tempstyle as well, i just have to reload to fix it, but it's still annoying
i use vivaldi

Reactions: zoogie and Jayro

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I don't see how caching would help.

The weird thing is that this happens to me when the page has fully loaded. So the color scheme loads correctly, but as soon as the page has fully loaded, the colors just glitch out.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see how caching would help.

The weird thing is that this happens to me when the page has fully loaded. So the color scheme loads correctly, but as soon as the page has fully loaded, the colors just glitch out.
The current system for custom styling (not written by us) is basically just terrible. Server side implementation rather than using the users local storage will mean that the page delivered to you is in your own colours rather than the users browser overriding them on render

Reactions: smileyhead and Sono

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
(not written by us)

lol

I don't know how custom themes work here, but I can't see what would prevent y'all from making a style expander.
If the stylesheet files are a mess then you can just use !important, and it should work. Just emit a <style></style> after all the stylesheet file references, and replace magic values with the actual user preference values.

Bonus points if you use preg_replace server-side :rofl2:

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol

I don't know how custom themes work here, but I can't see what would prevent y'all from making a style expander.
If the stylesheet files are a mess then you can just use !important, and it should work. Just emit a <style></style> after all the stylesheet file references, and replace magic values with the actual user preference values.

Bonus points if you use preg_replace server-side :rofl2:
That's what it's doing now but in conjunction with some JavaScript that sometimes fails to grab all the values the user chooses. It's weird. But I haven't honestly spent too long looking into it as I plan to do the above as soon as I can. Feel free to poke around the source if you can spot anything :)

Reactions: DinohScene and Sono

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all