'Disco Elysium - The Final Cut' lands on Xbox consoles next month; physical editions announced

disco elysium xbox.png

Studio ZA/UM's Disco Elysium - The Final Cut will be available to even more gamers when it releases next month on Xbox systems. The developers announced that the game will launch on Xbox Series X/ S and One digitally on October 12. Studio ZA/UM notes that the Xbox version is "not a port but a painstaking re-assembly of the critically acclaimed game, including a redesigned user interface experience, font scaling options, improved legibility across the board and all quality-of-life enhancements from previous iterations". Disco Elysium - The Final Cut will be available to purchase digitally for Xbox via the Microsoft Store on October 12 for £34.99 UK / $39.99 USD / €39.99 EUR.

Moreover, the developers announced that physical versions will hit stores on November 9. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One retail physical editions (compatible with free next-gen upgrades) will include a 18” x 24” foldout poster and a digital code for a 190+ page digital artbook. It is available to pre-order for $39.99.

Another version, The Collector’s Editions for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and Nintendo Switch is also available to pre-order for $249.99 and features the following:
  • Innovative ‘Layers of the Id’ premium box.
  • Hand-painted ‘Mid Totem’ vinyl sculpture.
  • 190+ page hardbound art book which includes oodles of previously unreleased art and stories.
  • Physical edition Disco Elysium – The Final Cut with a reversible cover, housed in an elegant slipcase.
Be sure to check out our review for Disco Elysium: The Final Cut linked below which scored a 9.7/10!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Disco Elysium - The Final Cut Official GBAtemp Review

AamitMorthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohmygod finally! I had a feeling it would but a part of me wasn't sure and was about to buy it on playstation. But, like, I don't have to now and I'm excited!

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The PS4 version has a free next gen update, so I guess it's just to cut costs on production
That doesn't really make any sense since it's already available digitally for PS5, so why buy a physical PS4 copy just to get an upgrade to the same digital download?

If I had to guess, they are most likely deliberately holding off in the hopes that some people will just buy the collectors edition. I bet the standard physical releases will get announced after a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s