trottolo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys,

I helped my friend to softmod a wii...but I noticied a strange behaviour if his wii! When I inserted a backup in the wii is possible to see the video instead in my wii is impossible! in both the wii there'snt preloader installed. But if I try to lunch the game from the disk channel it give error .... do you know why?

P.s. He bought his wii in the second hand market!!

D

Deleted User

It possibly has a modchip, duhh. That or he has CIOSCORP. It's not a strange behaviour you know.

trottolo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how could I check if it has a modchip?(N.B. loading backup from disck channel they give error...)

regarding cioosCorp ....there was not homebrew channel on it and I formatted before doing all the stuff...how can i check if is there cioscorp?

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
1) If it doesnt load backups from disc channel then their is no CIOSCORP or modchip on wii,

2) If you start a game through backup channel with hooks i believe the animation will play when you go back to menu, others may know better but im sure im correct on point one!

lEON

D

Deleted User

leondmsmith said:
1) If it doesnt load backups from disc channel then their is no CIOSCORP or modchip on wii,

2) If you start a game through backup channel with hooks i believe the animation will play when you go back to menu, others may know better but im sure im correct on point one!

lEON

1) Not really. On newer games where you need new IOSes, it won't play, despite the fact that you have a modchip. Then will you say it doesn't have a modchip even if it does??

2)But he said it isn't HBC-ed. What makes you think he has backup channel. On top of that, it's not start a game through backup channel with hooks, it's rebooter, and you don't require hooks for backup launching. And no, you're wrong on both points.

herculean1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mine does the same. i had a softmodded 3.3e with no cioscorp or other crap - it didn't show videos in the disc channel and for a while, life was good.
i updated to 4.0e by installing patched ios60 and then using the nintendo update - now it shows the banner in the disc channel but obviously won't start from there.
i got so fed up with it, that i rebooted with hooks from the gamma launcher and moved my disc channel to the last page where it can never annoy me again.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
afif95 said:
leondmsmith said:

lEON

1) Not really. On newer games where you need new IOSes, it won't play, despite the fact that you have a modchip. Then will you say it doesn't have a modchip even if it does??

2)But he said it isn't HBC-ed. What makes you think he has backup channel. On top of that, it's not start a game through backup channel with hooks, it's rebooter, and you don't require hooks for backup launching. And no, you're wrong on both points.

Don't mean to disagree but he said that he has softmodded the wii himself so yes it should have the HBC and backup channel so i think you should just breeze out he was just trying to help.

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
does it actually matter? isn't it just nice to have, so you wont have to remember what game is inside your wii
tongue.gif

lollett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's a 4.0/IOS60 as previously 3.1 never recognized backup discs in the disc channel... now looks like a normal in the disc channel but obviously won't boot.

Also oddly - softmodded a 3.2e today cIOS12 and both Loader GX and wiiflow shows a quick vid before the white remote screen.

Not seen that before going to check my 4.0e cios 12 in a min.... might be cIOS12

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lollett said:
I think it's a 4.0/IOS60 as previously 3.1 never recognized backup discs in the disc channel... now looks like a normal in the disc channel but obviously won't boot.

Same here. Blew my mind when I first noticed it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The explanation is very easy:
The IOS used by the system menu has a backup dip module. If you install cIOS60 from cioscorp as "patched" IOS for system menu 4.0, this behaviour is to be expected.

The system menu is then able to identify the disc, because IOS60(cIOS60) sees DVD-Rs as retail discs. But you can't start the games, because before starting the IOS requested by the game is loaded. If you get games identified in the disc channel and they are patched to use IOS249 and you have a cIOS installed, you can play them from disc channel.

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
The explanation is very easy:
The IOS used by the system menu has a backup dip module. If you install cIOS60 from cioscorp as "patched" IOS for system menu 4.0, this behaviour is to be expected.

The system menu is then able to identify the disc, because IOS60(cIOS60) sees DVD-Rs as retail discs. But you can't start the games, because before starting the IOS requested by the game is loaded. If you get games identified in the disc channel and they are patched to use IOS249 and you have a cIOS installed, you can play them from disc channel.
so is there any type of app that forces backups to load IOS249 when launching them from rebooter then opening them from the disc channel?
I tested your theory, and it worked with MK:A but not anything else, everything else gave me the error
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)