Hacking DiscDump 50X Payload Dump from PS4 Optical Drive to USB by Stooged does it work or not

tommy28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi everyone right can i ask a question right on the site pshax there is a new way to dump ps4 games it is this one
DiscDump 50X Payload Dump from PS4 Optical Drive to USB by Stooged i have had a look at the site of this and it has two files one is a bin file and one is a html file so how do i get the bin file to work on my ps4 i am on 5.05 firmware so it should work then but my question is will this payload dump any ps4 game to usb external hard drive like if you had lets say marvel spider man ps4 it is a new kind of game would i be able to dump all the files from that onto my external hard drive cos it is too good to be true like on the site there is lots of messages about this on the site but nobody really says if it dumps all the files off a ps4 disc and puts them on the external hard drive which is what i want to do if it is possible also there is no video of someone showing you how to use this for the ps4 normally what happens on that site is when something comes out then there is usually a youtube video of it on the site but this thing what is so post to do is dump any ps4 game to external hard drive so has anyone here used this for the ps4 and does it dump any ps4 game like any firmware game and does it dump all the files like the eboot and all the other game files

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mustafag32g is correct. DiscDump 50X is not a game dumper like the dumper from xVortex.
All DiscDump 50X does is copy the files from the disc to the USB Drive.
The files that it copies to the USB drive are still encrypted.

A lot of people have got confused thinking this is another GAME dumper like the one from xVortex.
As the title says it is a DISC dumper. It dumps the (encrypted) files that are on a disc.

Here is a comment explaining the release by stooged:
"This is not a game dumper like the xvortex dumper it just dumps the contents of a disc you put into the ps4 optical drive.
That could be any disc and it was only posted because another member was asking about reading the contents of a disc in the ps4 optical drive.
You can also browse and download the files from the optical drive via ftp."

Last edited by Leeful,

stooged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This was posted as a response to a user on psxhax that wanted to read the files from the ps4 optical drive on pc.

It was an alternative solution to what he was asking about which was connecting a sata plug to the optical drive and plugging it into his pc but it was taken from the thread i responded to that user in and main paged by psxhax and people went stupid thinking you can somehow dump 5.05> games and play them.

The discdump payload just copies all the files on any disc in the ps4 optical drive to a usb drive which is what the user wanted to eventually do.

You can do the same thing with ftp and download the files from /mnt/disc/ to your pc.

Reactions: Leeful

tommy28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks for that cos i thought it was too good to be true anyway will there be any dumping tool that will dump all the files of the disc like the eboot file and all the other game files
I think really it would be a lot better if you could dump ps4 games through pc with a blu ray drive like if someone made a app/ something to dump all the game files of the ps4 disc onto pc like the ps4 it creates a folder and it had the region/the side of the game code so if it would be possible is there anyway possible all the game files can be dump through pc with a blu ray drive but at the moment all it gets is the app.pkg of the game and the param.sfo so the ps4 way gets all the game files with the eboot file but if there was a app or something that dump ps3 games through pc all the files of the disc and put them in a folder like the ps4 way through xVortex or could there be a a new xVortex dumping tool but for pc were you dump your ps4 games through pc with a blu ray drive like when you dump a ps4 game through the ps4 console if it is a big game it will take ages but if lets say a ps4 game could be dump through maybe through the pcit would be a lot faster dumping the games cos there is a lot of new ps4 games and there is no way to dump them unless a backup manager came out or a new xVortex dumping tool or a way through the pc to dump the games so is that possible or not through theses ways

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@tommy28 all the game files (eboot etc) are contained inside the app.pkg file.

Basically in simple terms the app.pkg file on the blu ray disc is like a large zip file that contains all of the game files inside it.
The problem is that the app.pkg file is locked and the only thing that can unlock it is the PS4 console.

When you install a blu ray disc game on your PS4 it copies the app.pkg from the blu ray to an 'app' folder on the PS4.
The app.pkg file on the blu ray and the one now on the PS4 are identical. (same md5, crc, sha etc.)

When you start a game the PS4 unpacks all the game files from the app.pkg on the PS4 to a 'sandbox' folder on the PS4 and this is where the seperate game file are run.

When the PS4 is at this stage, with all the game files unpacked, xVortex dumper can copy all the seperate game files to a USB Drive.

In theory the PS4 could just unpack the files from the app.pkg on the blu ray disc but the transfer speed of the blu ray are too slow, so that is why the app.pkg is installed on the PS4 HDD and run/unpacked from there.

At the moment the only way to unlock an official disc app.pkg file is on the PS4 itself. That is why it would not work with a blu ray on a PC.

When a pirate game/backup is made (fake Pkg/fpkg) the pkg file is usually given the passcode (unlock key) of all 000000's. That way the fpkg can be unpacked and modified easily on a PC.

Another thing to note is that when a new Firmware comes out, it has a new set of keys.
For example Red Dead Redemption 2 needs the firmware v6.0 keys on the PS4 to unlock the files.
That is why we cannot play/dump the game on a PS4 with firmware 5.05 because it does not have the v6.0 keys needed.

Last edited by Leeful,
Reactions: Bergot

stooged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There are/were ways of getting the pfs image out of the app.pkg files of newer games which involved spoofing the firmware version and installing the game from disc and then putting the pfs_image.dat in use preventing the ps4 from unlinking it so you could download it via ftp and then you could just unpack it using archive explorer.
You could use the same trick to get the other files like param, eboot and other files but the eboot would be encrypted using a key that is not known so you could never run the game.

You need the decrypted eboot to re sign it with the dbg key so it can be run using hen.

The reason you have to use the ps4 to dump the games is it will decrypt the files needed to run the game and if you have a 5.50 game and try run it on 5.05 the keys for 5.50 needed to decrypt are not known to 5.05 so the game will not run and you cant dump the files needed.

If you could use a pc to do it all straight from the game disc it would have been done and xvortex wouldnt have bothered with the vtx dumper.
Maybe oneday a pc method might happen but the xvortex dumper does the job perfectly every time.

Alot of people think you can run 5.50 games on 5.05 with just a param or sdk version edit but you need to dump the decrypted files before that will happen.

They will say look at zero dawn that was done but they are overlooking the fact it was dumped on a ps4 that was capable of decrypting the eboot etc.

For now if people want to play the latest games just source a second ps4 and keep it updated.

The homebrew scene has everything it needs to progress with 5.05 and releasing a kexploit for >= 5.50 would be silly imo because it serves nothing but piracy and there is no point burning a good exploit for that.

People should be happy with what all the people that have worked on the ps4 have given us, i for one am extremely grateful for their hard work and skills.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@stooged If you have the time could you please modify AppToUSB and make a new homebrew payload that just backs up the installed app.pkg to USB.

I've seen a lot of posts where people want to back up their games pkg's and have done it via FTP and have run into problems with either speed or disconnection issues.

I think it would be great to have a 'PKG-BACKUP' homebrew that backs up your game pkg to a USB drive.

You could do it by listing the CUSA's of the games you want to backup in a config file.
It would also be a great option if you could include the Rename app feature that apptousb has.

I have tried myself in the past to modify the apptousb source but unfortunatly I do not have the skills to do it.:(

Thanks.

Last edited by Leeful,
Reactions: KiiWii

stooged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@stooged If you have the time could you please modify AppToUSB and make a new homebrew payload that just backs up the installed app.pkg to USB.

I assume its mainly for the ps4 ext format drive because the apptousb drive is pretty much a backup drive.

if you are looking to backup apps on a apptousb drive you can just plug the drive into a windows pc and search for .pkg and it will list them all and you can copy paste to another drive.

we can start with this for people not using apptousb anyway.

https://github.com/stooged/PKG_BACKUP-50X

it will search both the internal and ext format drive and backup the pkg files to a normal exfat usb hdd.
the files are backed up into a folder called PKG_BACKUP on the usb drive.
if the games are already backed up on the drive it will skip them so you can just run the payload over and over as you add new games.
it does not do dlc and updates yet but that can be added later.

Reactions: KiiWii and Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@stooged This is great. Thanks. :)

Could you add the option of an ini file on the USB root so that you can choose what pkg's you want to backup by listing the CUSA's.

Backup.ini eg:
To use this list as a list of games you want to Backup then uncomment the line below.
//BACKUP_LIST
CUSAXXXX1
CUSAXXXX2
CUSAXXXX3

I think this is a better option than trying to copy every pkg that is installed.

Last edited by Leeful,

stooged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks. I realy appreciate it.:)

updated in GitHub with the ini file options, updates and dlc backups

To backup updates to the usb hdd uncomment the line below.
//BACKUP_UPDATES

To backup DLC to the usb hdd uncomment the line below.
//BACKUP_DLC

To use this list as a list of games you want to backup not ignore then uncomment the line below.
//BACKUP_LIST

Example ignore or backup usage.

CUSAXXXX1
CUSAXXXX2
CUSAXXXX3

just put the ini on the root of the usb hdd.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
updated in GitHub with the ini file options, updates and dlc backups
just put the ini on the root of the usb hdd.
Thanks, Great work as always.

Just been testing and it works fine for game and patch but I cannot get it to backup the DLC.

unlike the app and patch, each dlc pkg is in a subfolder of its own. Could that be the problem?
eg
/user/addcont/CUSA02961/FALLOUT4DLC00001/ac.pkg
/user/addcont/CUSA02961/FALLOUT4DLC00002/ac.pkg

/user/addcont/CUSA04402/BLADEOFGALADRIEL/ac.pkg
/user/addcont/CUSA04402/LITHLAD000000001/ac.pkg
/user/addcont/CUSA04402/TRIBEBLACKGUARD1/ac.pkg

Last edited by Leeful,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Odd thing, just tested with Gravity Rush 2 DLC (system install) and that copied the DLC just fine.

Fallout 4 DLC did not work for some reason.

I'll test some other titles with DLC and post my results.

EDIT: Problem Solved !!!!

For some reason the title-id for the GAME & PATCH of Fallout 4 is CUSA03450 but the DLC title-id is CUSA02961.

How is this possible?
The CUSA02961 DLC works perfectly fine with the CUSA03450 game. I thought the CUSA's had to match for GAME,UPDATE and DLC.

Last edited by Leeful,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo