disc2app dump times exceeding 6 hours and still not done?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by michael2016, Mar 7, 2017.

1. michael2016
    OP

michael2016 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2012
    Hi guys,

I own both the Japanese E-Shop version of BotW (JP Console) and have a physical PAL copy of BotW. I'm trying to dump my PAL version so I can poke around and see if I can somehow extract the subtitles and put them into my Japanese version.

disc2app asked me if I would like to dump to SD or USB. I selected USB as it said my SD needs a minimum of 24GB? I don't know why, as the game is apparently only 10GB, but I selected USB. It's now been on the same screen for over 6 hours.

Please insert the disc you want to dump now to begin.
    Inserted WUP-*******

and nothing has changed since.

Is this normal?

My console is making no disc read sounds and my USB LED is not flashing.

2. lolz101

lolz101 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    What would be even greater than this....Would be someone like you running tik2sd.

Perhaps we then could find that JAP title.tik/key on "that key site" to undub the EU and US release. Which is quite simple. ;)

Jayro likes this.
  3. pelago

pelago Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Not normal. Turn it off/on and try again, maybe with a different disc. Note disc2app doesn't work with rednand. 24GB is the Max size of a Wii U disc which is why it says you need that much free.

4. JRDad1

JRDad1 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2008
    United States
    I had this problem actually. You want to install to sd and then wup install onto the USB.

5. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    USB option doesn't work i think.
    Use SDCard option, BotW takes 12-13GB of SDCard memory.

6. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    You would use a fat32 usb drive, not your wiiu-formatted one, for the dumping programs based on wudump.