Hacking Disc-ripping software for Wii?

Dustin_S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off let me say that I have no intention of breaking the law. Recently my Band Hero disc had ply separation after six months, and Activision refused to exchange the disc, instead trying to sell me a new one at a "discounted price". Since then, I've decided to store my discs on a more reliable medium. I have a softmodded with and am using a program called Riiper. I attempted to use USB Loader GX but it game me a number of errors.

Is anyone familiar with Riiper? I have my Wii's network IP adress plugged in. When I hit "download," it says "downloading, please wait," and then does nothing. I let it run overnight (10+hours) and nothing happened. I gave up and hit cancel, the ISO file it created was 0 bytes. My TV, displaying the software Wii-side, said "connection FInished," as well as some other information.

Is anyone familiar enough with this program to tell me what I may be dong wrong?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Riiper... wow, I've never heard of it, and if I've never heard of it, it must be ancient!

Set up a usb-loader like configurable usb-loader or wiiflow (or even newer stable versions of usbloader gx). You can rip discs directly to USB using any of those loaders. Another good ripping app is called "clean rip", but it's just a ripper, not a usb-loader.

If you need help updating your softmod or setting up a usb-loader, check out ModMii from my signature.

Cheers.

Dustin_S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried USB Loader GX; i was unable to get it functioning, although right now I can't recall why not. It could have been an IOS issue, although maybe there was a wad or two in there as well...

Perhaps with someone knowlegable to walk me through the set up I could get it working; to that end i'll take a peek at the forum you recommended. Cleanrip isn't that old; it was released in September of 2010.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat