Disc error...plz help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Ranuto, Dec 8, 2007.

Dec 8, 2007

Disc error...plz help by Ranuto at 11:00 PM (1,004 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Ranuto
    OP

Newcomer Ranuto Member

Sweden
    Well....Hi guys [​IMG] erm...im new here so i don't know how to start [​IMG]
    Anyways [​IMG] I downloaded the Manhunt 2 and Godzilla to my wii, (they were USA versions) burned it with nero with 8x speed and tried to play but it didn't work. [​IMG]
    There was a ''message'' that said: Could not read disc turn off your wii and stuff like that.
    I have a PAL wii and ver 3.1R i think...and the language is set to english....I mentioned that because some guys said that you had to have it set on english.
    When i've burned other games (NOT Manhunt 2 OR Godzilla) with other R+ dvds it has worked fine...but i bought new R+ dvds and when i tried to burn Manhunt 2 and Godzilla with them it didn't work.
    Could it be from the dvds maybe?
    Please help me out, would appreciate it very much

P.S I haven't burned PAL games with these new R+ dvds so I don't know if it's the dvds thats causing the problems or not.

2. Rammoth

Member Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    +R don't always work as good on your wii. Switch to -R's and preferrably a good brand such as Verbatim. Burn them on 4X, I've been burning over 50 DVD's this way and still not one which didn't work.

Also, use IMGburn (www.imgburn.com), it's free and it's better for burning ISO's away. For burning on +R you're gonna have to put your booktype on DVD-ROM in your IMGburn settings.

Good luck.

3. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    Uhm.. You DO have a modchip, right?

4. Ranuto
    OP

Newcomer Ranuto Member

Sweden
    Of course i have modchip xD [​IMG]

5. BigX

Member BigX GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    try different burning speed then...assure to finish the Disc, when burning!

6. Ranuto
    OP

Newcomer Ranuto Member

Sweden
    OK THANKS!

7. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    I use Verbatim -R DVD's and always burn at 1x using ImgBurn. I NEVER have any issues with my backups this way. Verbatim's are a bit more expensive but work so much better then other media I've heard about.

- Fitzy

8. Ranuto
    OP

Newcomer Ranuto Member

Sweden
    I think i have Premium R+ dvds and they are blank... It dosen't matter if they are blank right [​IMG] ?Oh by the way i have a HP DVD
    writer 400c