Hardware Disc Drive not working

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a white Wii U from walmart, hooked it up, went through the setup, and left it update while I went out. Now, when I turn it on, it powers on like it's gonna boot up normally, then the signal cuts out for a second and a screen comes up saying there is a disc drive error. I took it apart and checked the connection and it seemed fine. I put a game in and it took it in. When I power it on without a disc, it sounds like it's trying to eject something anyway. Is there anything I can try to fix it?

aiat_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
I bought a white Wii U from walmart, hooked it up, went through the setup, and left it update while I went out. Now, when I turn it on, it powers on like it's gonna boot up normally, then the signal cuts out for a second and a screen comes up saying there is a disc drive error. I took it apart and checked the connection and it seemed fine. I put a game in and it took it in. When I power it on without a disc, it sounds like it's trying to eject something anyway. Is there anything I can try to fix it?

Why would you want to fix it, just take it back!

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you TOOK IT APART?
why would you do that to a brand new WiiU?
now you have voided your warranty... you could have just brought it back and have it repaired/replaced o.O

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do your best to make whatever seal they use look good. Just take it back to Wally World and hope for the best. If it doesn't work try a different location. If you have a 24 hour Wally World, try going in late at night or really early in the morning. Be nice and constantly chat the rep up, you might distract them.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shoulda mentioned I was trying to swap the motherboard of the new wii u with a broken one I got for cheap on ebay. So there's that...:glare:

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shoulda mentioned I was trying to swap the motherboard of the new wii u with a broken one I got for cheap on ebay. So there's that...:glare:
Wow. So what, you are trying to swap parts then return it back to Walmart?

Setting that aside, Wii U disc drive is locked to the motherboard itself. If you swap motherboard you must also at minimum swap the logic board of the disc drive itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.