Disc Drive is noisy

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ZackyKun, May 13, 2009.

May 13, 2009

Disc Drive is noisy by ZackyKun at 4:32 PM (480 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. ZackyKun
    OP

Newcomer ZackyKun Member

United Kingdom
    I recently updated to 4.0 and now whenever I'm on System Menu or using the Disc Channel, my Wii makes a moderatly loud and annoying noise...
    Has anybody else had the same problem and is there a fix?

2. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    ive had that problem with my first wii...Also i have saw at least 5 others so far I have modded for friends and fam that ALSO had this issue....THIS MAY SOUNDF LIKE ALOT BUT IT IS ACTUALLY RARE....

I do around 15 consoles a month!

What happened is you got a shit dvd drive plain and simple! and for me! this happened BECAUSE of dvdx best i can figure anyways [​IMG] Because all 5 systems that ended with BAD DVD DRIVES WERE ORIGINAL 3.1 CONSOLES UPDATED TO 3.2 OFFICIALLY THEN HACKED FOR HOMEBREW!They were ALL DVDX enabled AND SOON AFTER THAT HAD DRIVE READ ERRORS! I also noted while playing WITH CHEATS ON ANIMAL CROSSING that my backups seemed to be working less and less!

The IRONY is that NOT ALL wii consoles are gonna do this! why? i have no idea!

My new wii (3.4u out of the box downgraded to 3.2U) ALSO HAS DVDX yet it has NO ISSUES...I DONT GO ONLINE WITH CHEATS ANYMORE AND TELL OTHERS TO AVOID IT SO THERE DVD DRIVES STAY IN TACT!

I have thought for a while there was more going on than we know about this "bad dvd drive" issue... I have done these mods for MONTHS on end everyday and always follow the read me text...I also can tell you that the ONLY common factor for this "bad dvd drive" that i can find is that

A: Launch consoles are at largest risk for it
    B: dvdx and online cheating could be a factor of it....

This is just a share of the experiance i have had and there are no fixes for it JUST ALTERNITIVE OPTIONS...

LoadMii can be a god send and usb loader as well....they both eliminate the need for a "perfect dvd drive" or "perfect sd slot" so if its loud (having trouble reading your dvd) this wont matter so long as you have a External Usb Drive you wont need a dvd drive for the most part [​IMG] CrAzY as that sounds its true i have a wii in my living room like this.....