Disc channel not recognizing official discs? IOS problem?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cthg, Apr 28, 2010.

1. cthg
    OP

Member cthg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My wii system menu won't recognize any official Wii games now. It says to insert a disc or something...

Is it possible this is an IOS error? I thought the system menu doesn't use IOS to verify a game at first.

Loading disks works fine with NeoGamma.

Also I probably have CIOS/Darkshit installed and I've been using SNEEK DI lately...

2. gameking66

Member gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    DarkCorp is most likely your problem.

3. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    The Wii system uses the System menu IOS to verify a disc in the disc channel, either your laser is dieing or you could have the wrong Game area setting in your settings.txt. which is Used to determine which region of Discs and channels the System Menu will boot. there really is no telling but try using Priiloader or startpatch to install a Region Free Hack, My guess is your games will start working.

4. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    ive had this happen before. for me it was caused by some fuckup in the way the system menu remembers what game it played last. whenever i inserted a game, the disc drive didnt make all the usual noise while it was reading the game. i was able to play games through geckoOS fine. changing the system menu between 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 all didnt fix the error. downgrading to 3.2 let the disc channel work again. upgrading to 4.1 brought the problem back.

ultimately, i restored a nand backup and was able to use the 4.X versions and the disc channel was back to its old self again.

5. gameking66

Member gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Can this happen to a legitimate Wii?

6. cthg
    OP

Member cthg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hmm... I probably nand restored a crappy backup... Is there a way to use the keys to re-encrypt a NAND FS?