Disc Channel Fix?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Gamesphere, Jul 2, 2009.

Jul 2, 2009

Disc Channel Fix? by Gamesphere at 12:32 AM (948 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Gamesphere
    OP

Member Gamesphere GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey? Whats going on people!

Well, Im running a Wiikey 1.9g at 4.0U BUTTTT

I followed the ULTIMATE SYSTEM GUIDE so I could use the SD feature. But I have a slight problem.
    Recent games from my region don't load in the Disc Channel. They ask for updates. This goes all the way back to
    Punch-Out and ExciteBots which run on 3.3U!!! I'm afraid to update because won't that mess up the cIOS that I installed?

I play games through Gecko OS, which I don't really mind but I'd rather just play, So you could say this issue is rather "cosmetic"

Is there a new cIOS that I can install that will fix this problem or is it safe to updat from the disc? I think I used cIOS36 for the guide

Edit: The latest game I have is The Conduit. The first game I noticed that didn't run in the disc channel was Animal Crossing: City Folk

2. sl33p

Member sl33p GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Do you have preloader or another method installed to block updates? Have you tried to brick block the games that are requiring an update?

3. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    There are multiple ways:

1. If those games are 100% of your region you can install the updates without problems.
    2. AFAIK Wiikey has some kind of update blocker. Use it.
    3. Use preloader and use the "skip disc update check" hack to get around those messages.
    4. Use WDS or WBB to remove the update from the disc before burning.

4. Gamesphere
    OP

United States
    I have The Wiikey feature disc set to block updates but that crap doesn't work....at all. Not even region-free because my Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom (J) doesn't load in the disc channel without asking for an update. I just use Gecko OS.

Are you SURE its safe to update the from the disc? My main question is, If I update, Will that cancel out any cIOS tat I have installed and stop me from installing WADS and/or moving them to the SD Channel?

5. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    No Game update overwrites the IOS slot of cIOS (which is 249) so it won't break it. And yes, you are completely safe if the discs have the same region as your Wii.

6. Gamesphere
    OP

United States
    Thank you very much!