Disc Channel don't work anymore

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Drakenngard, Aug 1, 2010.

Aug 1, 2010
  1. Drakenngard
    OP

Newcomer Drakenngard Newbie

Japan
    My wii was softmodded long time ago and the fw was 3.2U, so I tried to upgrade to 4.1U and used "pimp my wii" as someone suggested, but now the disc channel don't recognize any disc, even the original ones! What should I do now? If I use the "NUS Auto Downloader" will work? Please someone help me... Thanks in advance!

2. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    perhaps when you used pimp my wii to update your wii, some IOS required for loading backup discs (assuming you are talking about loading backups) were replaced by nintendos own IOS which dont allow for disc backup disc loading.

if that is the case all you have to do is install the latest cIOSCORP IOS' but you should only do that if you know what you're doing

3. Drakenngard
    OP

Newcomer Drakenngard Newbie

Japan
    Thanks for the reply! But the disc channel don't recognize the backups and the original too! The original disc is japanese (because my wii is japanese, only softmodded the system menu to USA), maybe that is the problem? I will try installing the cIOSCORP IOS as you suggested and see what happens...

4. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    You broke region-free, that's why it won't read your JAP disc. Go through and softmod again, and then use Priiloader or Startpatch to enable region free