Disc Channel Doesnt Always Load Games??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lettuce, Oct 4, 2009.

Oct 4, 2009
  1. lettuce
    OP

Member lettuce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I have a Wii on 4.1E FW and a WiiKey V1 installed. I used Assassda's ULTIMATE System Menu 4.1 Guide to update my Wii and followed all these steps:

1)Format your SD card to FAT16. Copy the contents inside the sd folder to the root of your SD card

If you have bootmii with a nand backup, the homebrew channel, and cios installed already you may skip to step 8

2) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol

3) Install the Homebrew Channel and install BootMii as boot2 if possible or as an IOS if boot2 is not available.

4) Launch Bootmii (if you installed to boot2 just reset the system if you installed to IOS go to the HBC and press the Home button)

5) Open the config menu (gears) and choose backup NAND (green arrow) wait for it to finish and restart the Wii

6) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Download IOS from NUS" then restart

7) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Download IOS from NUS"

8) Install cIOS36 rev10 to IOS249 using Network install mode

9) Downgrade system IOS files using IOS Downgrader

10) Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS Downgrader even if you are already on 3.2 run this

11) Run 4.1 Firmware-Updater.

12) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check.

13) Install preloader. On the install screen press 1

14) Set your preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

I have noticed that the Wii channel doesnt always load the disc in the drive, as in it doesnt show the game in the disc channel if i click on it, it come up with the message that it cannot load the disc. I have to turn the Wii completely off and on again to get the disc to load, and even then it doesnt load so i need to turn it off and on again. Could it be 1 of the options of preloader interfering with my Wiikey settings thats causing this problem?