Disaster: Day of Crisis = dreaded black screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ala Douche, Dec 11, 2008.

Dec 11, 2008
  1. Ala Douche
    OP

Newcomer Ala Douche Member

United States
    hey guys, i'm new to this scene so take it easy on me [​IMG]

just today i installed homebrew and WiiGator0.3, along with GeckoOS

i've gotten resident evil: umbrella chronicles to work no problem, along with vc games and wiiware games, but disaster:day of crisis refuses to work.

i've tried running the cIOS patcher (i think it was), tried running it from GeckoOS with every possible different option enabled from the menu, i reinstalled my cIOS (at first it was giving me an error, then after re-installing the cIOS, it gets past that point, but immediately goes to a black screen when loading).

2. regt123

Newcomer regt123 Member

United States
    what region is your wii?

3. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    click on this link and follow directions depending on your Wii region and game disc region and so to go [​IMG]

CLICK HERE PLEASE

4. Ala Douche
    OP

United States
    my wii region is NTSC-U. i'll try big moe's link and get back to you. thanks

EDIT: hmm, looking at that link, it doesn't list NTSC-U as compatible, just NTSC-J and PAL. does this mean it will not work on NTSC-U Wii's? [​IMG]

5. zerof

Member zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The game works fine here on a ntsc wii. And it's not out in ntsc yet.

6. Ala Douche
    OP

United States
    hmm, i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. it doesn't make sense that some games would work and this one wouldn't if it works for other people. i was really bummed when they said it may never come to the US... this was one of the games i was looking forward to before the Wii's ever went on sale. [​IMG]

7. zerof

Member zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's coming to the US so no worries there. Are you getting to the title screen even? If so I'd say try burning it again.

8. Ala Douche
    OP

United States
    has it been confirmed as coming to the US?

i'm not getting to the title screen... GeckoOS and WiiGator0.3 will read the disc, say it's starting up, it flashes green for a second, then just black.

9. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    it its the jap version, you have to select jap language or it doesn't work, period.

if it's pal version, try forcing ntsc and using "wiimote" to hook or "VI" to hook

10. Ala Douche
    OP

United States
    it's the PAL version, i'm sure of it. how do i use the wiimote or "VI" to "hook"?

11. noobwarrior7

United States
    under "hook type" right below "Force NTSC" in GeckOS or the launcher.

12. Ala Douche
    OP

United States
    it's set on VI by default and Wiimote isn't an option.

thanks for your help by the way. even though it hasn't worked yet, i really appreciate it.

13. noobwarrior7

United States
    well, I dunno, the pal one works through disc channel on my ntsc-u wii, and the jap ones works through gecko with japanese language selected...

so...try one more thing,

get anytitle deleter or title_lister, and see if you're missing IOS37 (or 36)
    I suppose it could be the problem.

might just have a bad burn....if you want to try your same disc one more time and you do have 37 installed,

then I would just try installing my pack, people seem to have a lot of luck with it.
    skip wads 1-3 if you don't have any patched(aka decrypted aka not 1:1) discs.

14. vegeta4ss

Member vegeta4ss GBAtemp Regular

United States
    softchip r59 loads it on my ntsc-u system without adjusting hooks or forcing video mode. You could try softchip.

But I still have other games that boot with a bar in the middle, so I can understand your frustrations Ala Douche. Usually when a game wont work for me i force ntsc, then try pal60, after that I look at doing a reburn.

15. Ala Douche
    OP

United States
    i made sure i have those IOS files and it's still not working. could you point me in the direction of your download pack? i feel like such an idiot asking all these questions i'm sure you've dealt with a thousand times. [​IMG]

EDIT: NVM, found it. tried softchip and the other backup channels. they all still go black. i'm going to try re-downloading the game, maybe find a different one. thanks for your help (if nothing else, i've learned how to troubleshoot like a mofo!)

16. nutta_nic

Member nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    it seems your not useing gamma you must be on beta because gammas default setting is gc pad not VI and has wiimote hook , go here and download what you need then try the game again

17. Ala Douche
    OP

United States
    thanks, i just tried rebooting with hooks in the gamma version (wiimote still isn't an option) with VI and still no luck.

do i need to uninstall the beta version? because the gamma version has all of the same config options. VI is still default, and the other two options are GC pad and Wii Pad

18. nutta_nic

United Kingdom
    yeh uninstall the beta version,
    did your wii connect to the internet install the cios?

19. Ala Douche
    OP

United States
    i think so... i have the gamma channel and am able to restart with hooks, which i wasn't before.

is there a specific way to uninstall the beta? i can delete it from my channels but i'm assuming it's still installed?

20. nutta_nic

United Kingdom
    uninstalling the channel will do the job, now you've got gamma it seems just to be your cios now, what system menu are you on?