helpme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ive been playing mario kart with a lad from work on & off for 5 months or so
hes got a DSTT & ive been using a number of different carts ez-flash4, scdsone with triple loader & DSTT & ive never had any slowdown with these carts while playing him
but last night i played him with my acekard2 with kingston 4GB jap SDHC (fat32) & bliss's loader & mario kart was a mess with loads of slowdown on all levels im hugely disappointed

is this a known issue? is there anything i can do to speed it up??

EDIT
were playing together in the canteen so its not a wifi issue

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've never had any slowdowns in mario kart, i can play wfc fine and local wifi multiplayer fine. i guess its the type of microsd you are using

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
satel said:
buy edge its better built card & has no slowdown issues.
Great suggetion! Are you some kind of superhero, running around support threads giving non solutions to people's questions? Got any other helpful advice, maybe he should stand on his head and paint his shoes green? Will that solve his problem?

Anyways, sounds like an issue with the SD card, that's why I paid the few extra bucks for the RPG because at least I know that memory will always work. You'll probably have to try other cards, I second the fact that Mario Kart works fine on the Acekard I play it pretty often single player and wifi.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tjtjaj said:
you should use the regular firmware and not the custom one

Any reasons why he shouldn't use bliss' firmware? The official one isn't better in any way than bliss' one.
And again its probably your card. What class is it?

helpme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tonight i used the official loader & i still got slowdown so its definitely a memory card issue

i dont know what class my card is... it just says kingston CO4G japan
ive got a 2GB kingston which ill format to fat with 64k clusters & see how that does tonight

EDIT
ive just look at the memory card & its got a C with a 4 init so im guessing its a class 4 memory card

stormcontrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
that's funny. me and my fiancee play mario kart alot. she has a DSTT with 2gb kingston (jap) running official firmware while mine is Ak2 with 4gb kingston (taiwan) running bliss custom. no problems or slowdowns or mess up on my end... only speed issue i have is that my ak2 loads mario kart slower than her dstt by maybe 1 sec. but that's not much of an issue is it.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
dib said:
satel said:
buy edge its better built card & has no slowdown issues.
Great suggetion! Are you some kind of superhero, running around support threads giving non solutions to people's questions? Got any other helpful advice, maybe he should stand on his head and paint his shoes green? Will that solve his problem?
dont be a stupid little boy there is nothing wrong with me telling him to buy a better product which works as ADVERTISED & i'm sure he is old enough to make his own decisions so please dont worry yourself too much about what others say,life is too short & you only live once.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
helpme said:
EDIT
ive just look at the memory card & its got a C with a 4 init so im guessing its a class 4 memory card
Like these?
SDHC-family.jpg

And, try using Panasonic's SD Formatter. People say it speeds their card up.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I agree. With the SDHC, windows doesn't allocate the fat system correctly when you use its formatter. The panasonic one does a better job. Quake2 runs much better for me after after using it on my A-Data 4g.

Also, you may want to try Kellicros' suggestion. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=864...t&p=1153830

helpme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
still got the same problem

yesterday i used the official loader with my 4GB SDHC kingston jap card formatted with the Panasonic's SD Formatter i still got loads of slowdown
today i used the official loader with my 2GB kingston jap card formatted with FAT with 64k clusters i still got loads of slowdown

running the castlevania intros is a joke with worse slowdown than my scdsone had with a kingston taiwan card

i cant believe i got rid of my excellent DSTT for this....... oh well you live & learn

stormcontrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
helpme said:
still got the same problem

yesterday i used the official loader with my 4GB SDHC kingston jap card formatted with the Panasonic's SD Formatter i still got loads of slowdown
today i used the official loader with my 2GB kingston jap card formatted with FAT with 64k clusters i still got loads of slowdown

running the castlevania intros is a joke with worse slowdown than my scdsone had with a kingston taiwan card

i cant believe i got rid of my excellent DSTT for this....... oh well you live & learn

nvrmind. performance seems to be spotty for mine. it ran smoothly the first time then on subsequent plays it became choppy when they started hurling fireballs at each other. But stopped being choppy when they stopped the spell-casting =p

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why not format your Kingston 4GB to FAT 16 with 64Kb clusters?
As long as it's just a 4GB microSDHC you're able to use FAT 16 (FAT 16 limitation is 4GB btw).

That's what I've done with my Kingston 4GB (Taiwan) and all games are working perfectly for me.

helpme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

cause windows tells me the cluster size is to big if i try to format it to fat with 64k clusters
but i did format it the default FAT16 it still had slowdown

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
helpme said:
QUOTE said:

cause windows tells me the cluster size is to big if i try to format it to fat with 64k clusters
but i did format it the default FAT16 it still had slowdown
That's weird, it worked perfectly for me (used Win Vista though).

helpme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@VatoLoco

why have you posted the quote?

if you had read the thread you would have read ive already tryed the Panasonic's SD Formatter & it did not improve my problem

helpme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry for bringing up a old thread......
well my acekard2 stopped working yesterday so its going back to DX
it just says FAT ERROR no mater if theres a memory card in or not
i tryed formating all my memory cards but none will work in it any more

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup