Hacking Disabling VSH Menu on 6.61 PRO-C (Infinity)

TheMay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Guys,

I managed to add a CFW on a 3004 psp thanks to you guys' Tutorials and documentations.
I gave it to my brother as a present and he was very pleased.
Unfortunately due to his disabilities he often presses [Select] on the XMB (Homescreen) and opens up the VSH.
I do not want him to change any entries (clock e.g.) because he once changed clock to the lowest settings and it was nearly impossible to revert the changes for him.
He really loves PS1 videogames and just using an official firmware and just changing the disks is also no alternative due to his lack of motoric skills.
Just "modding" the console and removing the [Select] button would be simple but "ghetto", but it seems to be my last choice when nothing is going to work.

Therefore I have following questions that I cannot answer by searching on google and i'd be glad if someone would tell me if and how this is possible:

1. Is there a way to remove the Shortcut [Select] on the XMB? (By removing it I can still enter Recovery Menu by booting + Pressing [R], so no big deal for me.)
2. Is there a way to change the Shortcut to press L+R+Select for example?
3. Is there a way to remove The Entries on the VSH-Menu that for example you can only restart the console e.g.
4. Is there a way to force the Console to load "default" set values whenever you are rebooting it?

I'd be glad if someone would at least answer one of my questions.
Thanks in advance.

I have the PRO VSH Menu and i am using an infinity Bootloader (PRO CFW) by Coldbird

2018-10-21 13_12_20-Window.png

Malckyor

The One and Only!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I should say that I'm no expert, but my guess is that you cannot in any way disable it. And I don't know if you tried but booting+R does not have effect on PRO CFW (at least it never worked for me and I tried a few times) as this seems to be or for others CFW or/and for those very old PSP models that cannot access it by pressing Select.

I don't think there's any way to change the buttons layout, I once read something that you could do that with some kind of plugin, but I really never tried nor searched for it, but you could try this and I think if you find and it works then it is the only way you can be helped with.

For the other two I think that only if you could somehow hack something into the CFW which seems to be not an option.

Again I should say that I'm no expert and someone could give you any better info, but since no one said anything at least I said what I have experienced and I may be wrong in some way too.

Melaza7lol

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hi Guys,

I managed to add a CFW on a 3004 psp thanks to you guys' Tutorials and documentations.
I gave it to my brother as a present and he was very pleased.
Unfortunately due to his disabilities he often presses [Select] on the XMB (Homescreen) and opens up the VSH.
I do not want him to change any entries (clock e.g.) because he once changed clock to the lowest settings and it was nearly impossible to revert the changes for him.
He really loves PS1 videogames and just using an official firmware and just changing the disks is also no alternative due to his lack of motoric skills.
Just "modding" the console and removing the [Select] button would be simple but "ghetto", but it seems to be my last choice when nothing is going to work.

Therefore I have following questions that I cannot answer by searching on google and i'd be glad if someone would tell me if and how this is possible:

1. Is there a way to remove the Shortcut [Select] on the XMB? (By removing it I can still enter Recovery Menu by booting + Pressing [R], so no big deal for me.)
2. Is there a way to change the Shortcut to press L+R+Select for example?
3. Is there a way to remove The Entries on the VSH-Menu that for example you can only restart the console e.g.
4. Is there a way to force the Console to load "default" set values whenever you are rebooting it?

I'd be glad if someone would at least answer one of my questions.
Thanks in advance.

I have the PRO VSH Menu and i am using an infinity Bootloader (PRO CFW) by Coldbird

View attachment 147257
Boot to recovery menu,power on while hold R go to configuration and disable the one that say (disable VSH menu in PSP menu) that's in Pro in Lme is in advance and it say (use VSH menu) sorry for my english.

SCOTT0852

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently found that under the ME settings in LME (it's with the official settings) there is an option to disable the VSH menu, you might want to try that since switching over is easy with Infinity.

ocasionallysunksmw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I should say that I'm no expert, but my guess is that you cannot in any way disable it. And I don't know if you tried but booting+R does not have effect on PRO CFW (at least it never worked for me and I tried a few times) as this seems to be or for others CFW or/and for those very old PSP models that cannot access it by pressing Select.

I don't think there's any way to change the buttons layout, I once read something that you could do that with some kind of plugin, but I really never tried nor searched for it, but you could try this and I think if you find and it works then it is the only way you can be helped with.

For the other two I think that only if you could somehow hack something into the CFW which seems to be not an option.

Again I should say that I'm no expert and someone could give you any better info, but since no one said anything at least I said what I have experienced and I may be wrong in some way too.
You can also just go into the VSH and disable the VSH via Configuration > Use VshMenu (set this to Disabled).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun