Disabling auto-update on snes9xgx

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by xfcrowman, May 7, 2010.

1. xfcrowman
    OP

xfcrowman GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Hey guys,

I'm currently using snes9x-gx version 4.1.5 and I do not want to update to the newest version because the older saves are not compatible with it. I use 4.1.5 pretty regularly and I'm getting tired of seeing the update window pop up every time I boot the app.

Does anyone have a compiled version of 4.1.5 with the auto-update function disabled? Alternatively, it would be great if someone could let me know what lines in the source are used for the auto-update function. I could just comment out those lines and compile and then I'd have a working copy of 4.1.5 without an auto-update.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

2. Leiw

Leiw Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2008
    Luxembourg
    Looking for something like this too ! I'll be staying on 4.1.5 until my Wii dies

3. Jacobeian

Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 15, 2008
    Cuba
    in networkop.cpp, change:

Code:
    static bool updateChecked = false;
    to

Code:
    static bool updateChecked = true;

4. Leiw

Leiw Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2008
    Luxembourg
    Thanks for posting this Jacobeian [​IMG]

Now only if I could compile it myself... or maybe someone could share a modded version?

5. xfcrowman
    OP

xfcrowman GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Thanks Jacobeian! This worked perfectly and it's always nice when you only have one line of code to change.

6. apoptygma

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 30, 2010
    Isn't it just the snapshots that aren't compatible? You could use an in-game 'real' save and then update couldn't you?

7. smashdude

smashdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 1, 2010
    United States
    San Diego
    Should I do this too?

8. Skater4599

Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2008
    United States
    United States
    Yes this is what i did with mine, and created my snapshots again with newer better version

9. RchUncleSkeleton

RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    California, USA
    I know this is an old topic but I am wondering if anyone either has a modified version of this emulator or how I can modify it to not ask to update. I wish to stay on 4.1.5 because certain games such as Earthworm Jim 2 are broken in all the new versions since they switched over to being based of off snes9x 1.52

10. Jacobeian

Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 15, 2008
    Cuba
    http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/source/detail?r=642

EJ2 is supposedly fixed in the last versions

11. xfcrowman
    OP

xfcrowman GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    United States

As Jacobian said in his post, this bug was fixed in the newest revs of SNES9x-GX, so you can compile the newest rev and play Earthworm Jim 2.

However, I did see that some people were requesting the modded version of SNES9x 4.1.5 that has the update disabled, so I uploaded the .dol to mediafire.

Hope that this will be useful to some folks.

If anyone wants the newest rev of SNES9x and can't compile, let me know and I can upload that as well.

Leo Alves likes this.
  12. RchUncleSkeleton

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    California, USA
    Dude xfcrowman, you rock! Thanks a bunch dude! I have no idea what I would have to do to compile the emulator. If you could do that and also point me in the direction of finding out how to do it myself that way I can do it next time a release comes about I would greatly appreciate it!

13. xfcrowman
    OP

xfcrowman GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Here is r654 for you, which has the fixes for EJ2 and other games.

It would take me a while to explain how to compile. I first learned how to do this when sneek was initially released, and I would suggest looking at ChokeD's sneek tutorial to learn more about compiling.

I'm sure there must be some tutorials that explain how to compile, but I don't know of any.

14. RchUncleSkeleton

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    California, USA
    Thank you very much man! I really appreciate this and I'll look into compiling and see if I can take a crack at it!