Disable Raid?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by ricky23i, Feb 25, 2009.

Feb 25, 2009

Disable Raid? by ricky23i at 9:22 PM (1,056 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. ricky23i
    OP

Member ricky23i GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i am flashing my 360 and dont know how to disable Raid, it is not on board but a Pci ?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Regardless of where the device is RAID is fundamentally a hardware thing.

My first port of call would be the BIOS.
    Second it may be an autodetect (I have not played RAID with consumer cards (onboard is fairly standard now) for some time so I do not know where it stands)
    Third the card jumpers if they exist.

If you want specifics we are going to need makes and model numbers of motherboard and card as well as what you plan to do (method wise).

Finally I am not sure about your setup but if your main OS is on the RAID drive (drives?) unplugging them (or just one of them) will mean you have no OS, no worries if you are booting from USB/similar.

3. ricky23i
    OP

United States

In my bios it does not say anything about RAID, also its a old computer bought it in 2002 or 2003, I bought http://cgi.ebay.com/SATA-Serial-ATA-PCI-Ca...p3286.m20.l1116 for it. Non of my drives are Raid.

4. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    OK I am confused; RAID is a method you can use to merge two or more drives into one (mainly for space and corruption protection* reasons). If you have not set up a raid drive then you should not have to disable it.

*it should be mentioned at this point a popular, if somewhat unofficial, method is RAID0 which has no protection.

You card should then pick up the xbox drive when it needs to (note if it fails then I suggest dosflash in dos mode).

5. ricky23i
    OP

United States
    Now I am have problems with my drive not being read, it is in mode B and is not being read also my computer freezes sometime when plugged in

Edit: Drive is not detected in Bios.

6. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    Can you point me to the guide you are using and tell me what tools (if different) you are using? mode-b (at least your knowing what it is) has not really been necessary for a while now.

I will say last time I looked iprep shipped with some older apps which caused problems for me.

7. ricky23i
    OP

United States
    http://www.360mods.net/tutorial/Podger.pdf

that is the tut.

I am using the tut tools 360toolbox and the slax to put it in mode, drive is hitachi 79
    Edit: My motherboard does not support Sata anyway around this?