Hacking Disable Low Battery Warning

heat6jones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo Wii doesn't do a good job of detecting how much charge my rechargeable batteries have. It ends up showing the battery warning after a few days of play and then it'll continue working for several more weeks. I find the blinking red icon on the bottom right very annoying and would like to make it go away.

Any suggestions?

B

BryceOne

The Nintendo Wii doesn't do a good job of detecting how much charge my rechargeable batteries have. It ends up showing the battery warning after a few days of play and then it'll continue working for several more weeks. I find the blinking red icon on the bottom right very annoying and would like to make it go away.

Any suggestions?
That must be game-specific cause i dont get that. I'd usually get a prompt once that the battery is low when i start up a game, but that's about it. If there's no option in the game, then you probably can't.

heat6jones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Any suggestions?
That must be game-specific cause i dont get that. I'd usually get a prompt once that the battery is low when i start up a game, but that's about it. If there's no option in the game, then you probably can't.

I've only been playing Skyward Sword lately. Fi and the Wii are really annoying me with their constant reminders.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It usually lasts for an few extra hours of gameplay. I'm curious to see what percentage it gives the warning at for you. Please connect one of your low power remotes and run this:
http://www.mediafire...w1t1sospqc723eq

It's just a simple little app that should report the percentage you have left, but I did make an icon and meta.xml file for you so running it should be easy.

Edit: v1.1 can be downloaded here:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/314604-disable-low-battery-warning/page__view__findpost__p__3994800

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This problem can be caused by the batteries itself. Normal batteries produce 1.5V. Rechargable NiCd and NiMh usually only produce 1.2V or 1.3V.
This can confuse the system and can make it trigger the low battery to fast. While normal batteries probably won't last much longer once the voltage dropped to 1.1V,
rechargable ones keep doing their job.
You could try a set of normal batteries to see if the problem is still there with those.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
i think the battery warning is game specific, so you cant do anything to it.

else

about rechargeable batteries, it doesnt matter if the battery is 1.2v or 1.5v, the wiimotes measures how strong the voltage current is going on your batteries, I even use my 1.2v 2400ma Energizer Batteries and it last long for about 1week and 3 days with 3 hours usage in weekdays and 7-10 hours for saturdays and sundays

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, the warnings are game specific. I came across that file in the SS iso. I havnt changed it or even opened it so dont ask how to edit it.

I dont quite understand how the warnings work though, because my batterypack always shows as full (so yes, it just dies without warning, annoying to say the least).
Normal AA batteries reports fine though, so its not the wiimote lol

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the wiimotes measures how strong the voltage current is going on your batteries

voltage and current are 2 different things. If a battery becomes empty, it's voltage becomes lower.
the current depends upon the voltage and the load. I have no wiimote details, but it would suprise me if they didn't measure the voltage.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country

voltage and current are 2 different things. If a battery becomes empty, it's voltage becomes lower.
the current depends upon the voltage and the load. I have no wiimote details, but it would suprise me if they didn't measure the voltage.

they measure it on ampere's if the ampere drops in certain level, then that's the time that you need to replace your batteries. that explains why rechargeable batteries last longer than dry cell/stock batteries.

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=1052

Cilph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

they measure it on ampere's if the ampere drops in certain level, then that's the time that you need to replace your batteries. that explains why rechargeable batteries last longer than dry cell/stock batteries.

http://forum.allabou...read.php?t=1052

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the warnings are game specific. I came across that file in the SS iso. I havnt changed it or even opened it so dont ask how to edit it.

I dont quite understand how the warnings work though, because my batterypack always shows as full (so yes, it just dies without warning, annoying to say the least).
Normal AA batteries reports fine though, so its not the wiimote lol
That is interesting. Please run that app on a remote that you think is getting close to dying and tell me what it says.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
people can die with a simple 12volts with 15k ampere btw.

You will probably need to cool them down with liquid nitrogene untill they become super conductive for that experiment.
After you did this, you wan't need your 12 V car battery anymore, as they will be dead already.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It usually lasts for an few extra hours of gameplay. I'm curious to see what percentage it gives the warning at for you. Please connect one of your low power remotes and run this:

It's just a simple little app that should report the percentage you have left, but I did make an icon and meta.xml file for you so running it should be easy.
Joostin, you are evil genius! :D Why? Because I want to see my wii remote battery left than show on home menu and see 4 bar of batteries.

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Joostin, you are evil genius! :D Why? Because I want to see my wii remote battery left than show on home menu and see 4 bar of batteries.
Lol, thanks. There is certainly room for improvement (like not making you press A before checking the power), but it does what it's supposed to. I can't say for sure how accurate it is, but I think it should give you a basic idea of what you want.

If you want, I could make it check the power in all four remotes (assuming they are connected).

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
That is interesting. Please run that app on a remote that you think is getting close to dying and tell me what it says.

Yea I know, its weird as hell.
I'll try the app when those batteries have been in use a while. Right now Im on my rechargable AA batteries though, and Im too lazy to change before they are empty haha

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Yea I know, its weird as hell.
I'll try the app when those batteries have been in use a while. Right now Im on my rechargable AA batteries though, and Im too lazy to change before they are empty haha
I can respect that. :D

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
how do you disable fi? you can't :creep:
I tried shooting her when she was doing one of those dance/story things, but the rocket (yes, this lie has a rocket launcher) passed right through her. She then turned on me and snapped my head off.

Edit: ROFL, I have over 3000 posts!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself