Hacking Disable iMenu autostart? Anyone still using iMenu?

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while back, I set up iMenu on my dstwo. I'm not sure it was the best of decisions because it is a little slow to start up and I have completely forgotten what I did to install it.

Back then, I was mostly playing SNES and GBA so it was a convenient launcher for the emulators. But it just adds an extra delay to launching nds games.

Is there a way to NOT have iMenu start up automatically?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i don't know if imenu replaces the dstwo OS... but if you still use the normal DSTWO OS menu to launch IMenu there is an option to autoboot a tittle..

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know if imenu replaces the dstwo OS... but if you still use the normal DSTWO OS menu to launch IMenu there is an option to autoboot a tittle..

I think iMenu is a customized version of the DSTWO menu. I remember running some scripts and making a backup of the sd card--which I have now lost, LOL.

As soon as I tap the stormrider Alex icon , iMenu starts up.

Foxchild

Goomba Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is set up to boot back and forth between imenu and the regular dstwo menu, but it's been so long (and I have a mind of teflon)... There is a boot.ini in the _dstwo folder directing my card to my imenu folder so that's probably what you need to edit. It currently points to the dstwo.plg in the imenu folder, you'd want it to point to the dstwo.nds in the _dstwo folder (at least that's where mine is), I assume (could be wrong, but it's a start). The original imenu thread should have how to install it, so you can reverse the process.

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it, thanks. I'll have a look in boot.ini.

- New boot menu -
Holding L+R during booting will load a file selector, press 'A' to load a different menu one time, Press 'Start' to change the default menu.
This is 100% compatible with BAGPlug and other homebrew, you can even set moonshell or the original plugin menu as default and change them whenever you like. Have a look in _dstwo/boot.ini to figure out how it is set up!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs