Dirty DS? Clean it up!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by 5uck3rpunch, Nov 6, 2006.

1. 5uck3rpunch
    OP

5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

Feb 20, 2004
    United States
    Texas - USA
    Hey gang, [​IMG]

I admit it; I have OCD & I need to keep my black DS clean. It drives me NUTS [​IMG] to have finger prints all over the thing. It's near impossible to keep clean...but now I have help!

One of my buddies was making fun of my neat habits & saw me cleaning the DS with expensive non static wipes for electronics. He suggested something better & CHEAPER! [​IMG] He gave me a little package (that looks like a condom package) that has a "Lens Cleaning Wipe" for glasses in it. It works great!

I have been using them for a few weeks now I have seen no negative effects:blink:. They dry quickly, do not scratch the screens & do NOT leave any residue behind [​IMG] . I use them on the screens & all over the glossy outside. It also works fine in the action areas like with the buttons & D-Pad. Hey, if they are gentle enough for lenses in your glasses then they should be OK for the DS & the DS screens.

They can be found in Wal-Mart [​IMG] (I'm sure other stores have them) in the contact lens [​IMG] /pharmacy area. The ones I use are by a company called "nice'nCLEAN" & I picked up a box of 30 for around $2 & change. They are small enough to stick 1 or 2 of them in your DS carrying case so you will always have one handy when needed! [​IMG]

I hope this info is useful for all of you other OCD types like me out there! [​IMG]

2. GexX2

GexX2 Lurker

Oct 23, 2006
    United States
    Tennesee, US
    lol. I use slightly moist toilet paper. :\ Works fine for me..

3. mthrnite

mthrnite So it goes.

Former Staff
    Jun 30, 2006
    United States
    th' south
    100 Grit Sandpaper does it up real nice!
    [​IMG]
    (I can hear 5uck3rpunch screaming! LOL)

edit: Just kidding, don't try this at home kids! Good idea btw 5uck3rpunch!

4. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion

XD

I can second the lens wipes (I wear glasses and I got a big box of them when I got them).

5. tetsuya

tetsuya GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2006
    Inside my house
    hmmm thats good to know. I have not clean my ds in 3 months and its starting to get sticky. I'll drop by walmart after class.

6. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I just make sure I don't have dirty hands when playing my lites.....and wipe it down with the over-sized hori cleaning cloth maybe every 4-5 times I play the ds.

7. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    I clean my touch screen with Q-tip. One side a little wet (water), the other side dry. Works well and gets in corners better.

8. CacheSyntax

CacheSyntax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2006
    United States
    Tagged to update later.

9. AppleJuice

AppleJuice GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2006
    IRC
    I made a pair of trousers by stitching together dozens of camera lens cleaning cloths. Now when my DS gets dirty I just rub it on my crotch. A cheap solution which satisfies my OCD and my nymphomania.

10. Takeshi

Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Jun 1, 2004
    Germany
    That's exactly what I was about to post; my Hori Cleaning Cloth does it's job really well for me too.

btw: LOL @ mthrnite!!

11. NotAgOat

NotAgOat Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2006
    United States
    Sounds good, [​IMG] ive been using one of those clothes that you clean your PDA with [​IMG] , it seems to work alright. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You use alot of smiles. [​IMG]

12. tabs

tabs Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2006
    Philippines
    Im using cloth used for cleaning cards. Works great.

13. TheStump

TheStump Got Wood?

May 8, 2006
    the ol' 'spit shine' works wonders. [​IMG]

14. tetsuya

tetsuya GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2006
    Inside my house
    Couldnt find nice'nCLEAN but did found bausch and loom sight savers. 50 pack and 2.97$

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice