DirecTV drops G4, says it's "among the lowest rated networks&

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked AoTS and their E3 Coverage but if you actually go to the site that DTV posted it says that since they can't reach an agreement with comcast to show G4 on DTV.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No one wants to pay for a TV channel that caters towards casual gamers for it's main shows and shows trash the rest of the time. I used to love TechTV, Call for Help with Leo Laport, Screen Savers and whatnot were great shows that really helped me learn a fair bit more about computers and the software end of things. Last time I saw, Leo was doing a help show on CityTV in Toronto here in Canada, but I don't think that is running anymore. It was great seeing people calling in for help from all around the world too, using Skype or whatever to do it and I learned a lot from it. X-Play and AotS were OK, but I couldn't stand that Adam guy on X-Play, he was such a fucking whiner and a casual graphics whore it's not even funny. I remember him constantly bitching about stupid menial stuff on Nintendo products while constantly stroking Sony and Microsoft's ego's constantly.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Olivia Munn? Everyone seems to despise that bitch.
That's nothing to boast about G4, neither are your COPS reruns.
G4 is an embarrassment to gaming.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it tried to turn its self into a spike TV to boast rating (not like it had great ratings for what it was just gaming anyway)

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking at the guide right now and see...

Heroes > Cheaters > Cheaters > Cops > Cops > Cops > That's Tough! > X-Play > Attack of the Show > Web Soup > Web Soup > That's Tough! > That's Tough! > Cops > Cops > Cops > Campus PD > Campus PD > Campus PD

that's about 1.5 hours of something kinda worth watching out of about 10 hours

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G4TV truly is a horrible channel, an embarrassment to gamers and TV viewers alike. It WAS once a good channel though, along with TechTV. When they were separate that is. Both channels merged a good few years back, and they were better separate. G4 had some genuinely good gaming shows with good content. I actually watched it when it first came on the air (they actually were playing pong if i recall correctly to test the channel picture and signal lol). I used to like X-play as well when it was called Extended Play (and was just Adam Sessler and not that bitch Morgan Webb or all the other lame jackasses).

Not a bad loss at all. Internet nowadays would have made the channel irrelevant if it wasn't already. This was one of the many channels that drove me to just stop watching TV. Useless fecal matter, utter garbage.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no!
How will DirectTV customers get their fill of outdated, extremely bias, and sell-out gaming news?!

Resident Douche-bag, Adam Sessler will be missed.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this mean no more E3 on my Direct TV?

This kinda sucks
cry.gif

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last time I watched G4 a lot was when they had some really great coverage of E3, after that I have turned them on once in a while for X-Play or AOTS but its not something that I would die if I miss a few episodes (or a months worth).

What they need is some new shows, something like a video game trivia show or maybe a Retro World Show where each day they could pick out some old video games and talk about them. I would say ask it to be hosted by the Angry Video Game Nerd but I don't think they would let him curse like he needs too...
I would watch these kind of shows and I would die if I missed an episode lol

As the channel stands now, about the only thing that would kill me if they took it off the air is the coverage of next years E3... I would hate that.

At least for now my provider has no plans to not carry G4. (Brighthouse)

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
Oh no but what about great shows like
Win!

You know, it used to be good...Before they merged with TechTV. Then it just fucking sucked. I loved that show Icons. There were other great shows that all got canceled AFAIK.

EDIT: Ohwait...The merge had nothing to do with it. It's just shows that are on it now suck, and the ones that were originally on G4 when the channel launched were good. Whoops.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling