krazycade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I am using the M3Lite and have managed to use Dipstar but unable to get any codes to work.
I have a number of codes for Mario & Luigi Partners in Time and did all the instructions but I am confused when you load the game after pressing your assigned button to activate the cheats.
You have to load a save file for the game so this then overrides the cheat you put in. I added 99999 coins for this game and then loaded my save file and it just gives me the original coins I had.

Am I missing something here?
How do you apply the cheats when you have to load the save file?

Thanks

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's a guide for using dipstar on the G6: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=39156

I've never used an M3 lite(or any slot 2 M3), but you may be able to figure out how to get it to work by looking at those steps.

The way dipstar works is you patch the rom with the m3dip.exe app that comes with dipstar, you link the dipped rom to dipstar.ds.gba the same way you would link a DS game to a GBA game*, then you start the game while holding 'L' to enter codes.

Once the codes are entered and saved, you turn the DS off & back on and repeat the process, only when you start the game instead of holding 'L' you hold whatever button you assigned the codes to.

* You need to load dipstar.ds.gba into the GBA ram. You do this on the G6 by selecting the file and pressing 'X', I don't know how to do it on an M3.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never messed with the save files. There was a 'dipstar.ds.sav' file that came with dipstar, but I never found a use for it.

The only games I used dipstar with were Advance Wars DS and Castlevania DoS, and in those games the money codes constantly kept the money at the amount the code specified.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/381r8gSxP0Y?si=x1xS_cr0puutjn3S