Hacking Dios Mios working with wiiflow but not usb loader gx...!

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Can someone help me out? I have installed the latest dios mios and it works fine when loading an iso from wiiflow, but if i try to load from usb loader gx it fails. I have tried multiple different versions of usb loader gx, followed many tutorials but I always end up with an error of some sort.

What is the trick to getting these two things to play nice?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The error is part of USBLoaderGX or DIOS MIOS?

In GX (r1204 is the current newest version), is the DM installed version correctly detected in the credit page?
if you use 2.6, it should detect 2.5+

Do you see the DM splash screen when booting a game?
- no: could be a random problem where DM has difficulties to mount the USB drive. But it's strange that it works every time with other loader and never with GX.
- yes: Do you see an error like "apploader is zero"? this one means that the ISO wasn't loaded correctly, or sometime that it requires a GC disc in the drive (I often get that when my disc drive can't read the disc)

If the setting version passed as argument to DM is wrong, DM launch from disc instead of ISO.
so, using a too old revision of GX only send the config version known at that time (version 1, while DM expect version 2). in that case, it try to load from disc, which might not be present on your console.

if it's another problem, let me know.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I'll check in a little while about the credit page, but for the error, its in dios mios, I get the splash screen with an error message through the middle. sometimes it was the apploader one, sometimes a different one.

-edit-

Diosmios is showing as 2.5+ and usb loader is r1204. It tells me (for some games) that the no disc option is no longer used and that I need to put a disc in, however when i try with a disc i get the apploader error. these same games will load from wiiflow without a disc in the drive.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't see the edit, thanks for bumping.

The NoDisc option is now not needed since DML1.0, and does nothing if you enable it in the loader except telling you that it's not used anymore as a loader's setting but as a physical setting (defeating the purpose of the setting named "no disc").
If you want to enable the "no disc" setting, you just put a disc in the drive. But this setting is required only on very few games, usually games with audio streaming which I suppose the dsp is checking for disc presence.

If you have that message, reset the game settings.
You probably saved the setting with an older version of the loader with that option enabled, so after switching USBLoaderGX version it's still enabled.
before launching the game, go to preferences > game setting > reset game setting.
this way it won't display the message anymore.

This setting is also in the general setting of the loader, be sure to have it disabled in the main setting.
I should probably fully delete that option.

I guess games are still not working at all when using USBLoaderGX? You have the apploader error every time?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
OK, the no_disc error seems to be fixed but I still get the "a! al error app_entry is not within the apploader are" error, with mario sunshine for example (and others), but the game loads perfectly from wiiflow.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know what's wrong.
It could be the drive which is not initialized or shutdown correctly by USBLoaderGX before booting BC.

you are using the default folder?
in USB :/games/ ?
I thought that if you didn't use that folder, maybe the full path to iso file is too long and truncated when sent as argument to DM.

You have an USBgecko? you can check which path and settings are sent to DM.
If not, I can make a build with Wifi logging, but you'll see only USBLoaderGX's log, not the one from DM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs