Hacking DIOS MIOS was working fine but now it won't load any games!?

Duckuss_Maxximo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first time using DIOS MIOS. I finally acquired 2 gc wireless controllers at a yard sale yesterday and set everything up and got it to load a game from my usb flash drive. When I started the game it told me no memory card was present. SO I went to get the GCNMM wad from ModMii (cBC-NMMv0.2a.wad). Installed that. Now I can't get the game to load with DIOS MIOS booter again. The screen switches over to the blue screen like it were about to load the game but just stays blue. System stays on. Nothing happens or it shuts off. I tried uninstalling the wads for both NMM and DIOS MIOS and reinstalling just the DM one (using MultiModManager by choosing the wad and selecting minus to do a "batch uninstall" Is there a better way? Also have Dopmii and D2x installed). Nothing. I tried reinstalling RVL-v10 to restore the GC mios and then reinstalling DM again. Nothing. Idk what to do. :( Could someone please help me troubleshoot the problem?

Duckuss_Maxximo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I got DIOS MIOS working again. It was a problem with the BC. I reinstalled it using DopMii. I haven't tried to reinstall the NMM wad yet. I'll mess around with it a bit more later. I'm still a little iffy until I can get some feedback since I finally got DM working again. Just thought I'd post an update in case it helps anyone else.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To play gamecube games with DIOS MIOS or DIOS MIOS Lite you need both BC v6.

The NMM (no more memory) you downloaded from modmii replaces your BC to add memory card redirection, allowing you to play retail games from disc (using official MIOS v10) and saving to SD.
DIOS MIOS and DIOS MIOS lite already include NMM into the MIOS (not needed in BC), so you don't need to add it twice.

What you need to do :
install clean BC v6
install DIOS MIOS or DIOS MIOS Lite
use a loader, go to the game settings and enable "NMM" setting before launching the game.

Not all games are compatible with NMM, so you may still require a real Gamecube memory card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1