Hacking DIOS MIOS problems.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using cfg USB loader with DIOS MIOS without issue for a while but I've decided to migrate to USB Loader GX.
If I try to use DIOS MIOS with GX, then it shows the DIOS MIOS splash screen before hanging at a black screen.
How do I get it to work?

Often my hard drive isn't immediately recognised by cfg USB loader, I have to unplug and reinsert it before it can be read. Could this be the issue?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd prefer to use my real memory card for the moment.

I tried using that, but it doesn't load the game, instead hanging at the Nintendont loader screen (The one which tells you the Nintendont version, build date, version number etc.)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd prefer to use my real memory card for the moment.

I tried using that, but it doesn't load the game, instead hanging at the Nintendont loader screen (The one which tells you the Nintendont version, build date, version number etc.)

you probably didn't grab the right xml file. Nintendont is vastly superior especially on a regular Wii. Same goes for it's ability to emulate memory cards. Only reason I can think that you'd want to use a physical memory card is because you have a save file there, but there is definitely a homebrew app out there somewhere that can extract your physical memory card saves, though I don't know if these would work properly with Nintendont or not.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The right xml file?

I don't want to deal with extracting all my GC memory card data and then putting them back into virtual memory cards. I just want dios MIOS to work.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to add that some games work with USB Loader GX and dios MIOS (Sonic Gems Collection, Sonic Heroes) while others don't (F-Zero GX, Twilight Princess). Strangely all of these worked while using cfg.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe an issue with video mode?
I've had reports that the video mode with DIOS MIOS had some issues with USBGX revision r1230.

I'm using the latest USBGX AFAIK.
I'm trying to patch the video to PAL60 because I use an RGB SCART, and NTSC signals get a severe red tint.
I'll try to use an older revision of USBGX and report back.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm afraid I'm having trouble finding a .dol here... All I can find is source on google code which I have no idea how to compile.

EDIT: Found it, nevermind.

EDIT 2: Using r1218, the games which didn't work still don't work. It's not a video issue because the audio doesn't work and the access LED on my USB drive fails to flash.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for taking the time to test.

Using the same setup/usb/iso it works fine with cfg/wiiflow/DMBooter?
it's only an issue with USBLoaderGX?

Maybe you could try with DML+ISO on SD card+USBLoaderGX too, just to check if the issue is really the loader or your USB. (I'm always doubting everything until verified, I prefer being sure and narrow the possibilities).

Except the video mode and the Sram (language setting!), The loader is not sending a lot of settings to DM(L), only the game path, the cheat path, and settings (LED, Memory card etc.).
Once DM has booted, the console is running with MIOS (Wii in gamecube mode). The loader is not in memory anymore and it shouldn't affect the game compatibility.

Did you try to force English as language?
Well, you are from England, but I don't know, maybe you like having your wii in another language :P

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I tried using Wiiflow instead of USB Loader GX and it works absolutely fine with games that also worked on cfg USB loader. I've not tried using the SD card and DML though, I'm afraid I don't have one big enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."