Hacking Dios Mios: Phantasy Star Online I & II Functionality?

DiscoStick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been searching desperately across the Internet for anything related to the PSO compatibility with DM, and just today I came across this video. He's using it on Wiiflow. Maybe you guys already new about this, but I thought was worth bringing to your attention! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGg8vyToUaQ&feature=plcp

Anjumastu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I really wish I knew how he does it :(... I have Dios Mios 2.2 Installed, the latest version of Wiiflow and USB Loader GX, but nope, without the no disc option it tells me the disc cover is open, and with the option I get the black screen of death after the Dios Mios splash screen. He could show what his settings are XD.

EDIT: Forget it, I'm stupid. I needed to convert my dump to the GCReEX format for it to run. However it crashes after the time setting option at the beginning of the game :/...

EDIT2: Didn't crash the next time after saying "no" when asked to go to the calendar settings. Seems to work fine now :).

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Semi-on topic, but PSO2 is out *now* and you can play it for free. (And it's really, really good.)

(Granted, it's in Japanese, but it's easy enough to muddle through with a FAQ at hand.)

DiscoStick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Anjumastu You got it playing? That's great! :D I'll have to look into GCReEX and see what that's about. thanks for workin this out haha :P

@Ergo They finally opened it? I've been keeping a loose eye on that, it looks amazing. I'll check that out too haha.

DiscoStick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@kylster I believe this is it? http://pso2.jp/players/download/ God this looks fantastic! can't until they release it for the US.

@Ergo Where is this FAQ you speak of? haha I'm navigating by hovering the mouse over links to see where they go! XD

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, hey, I'm new here and I was wondering... what exactly did you do to get PSO I & II working? I'm loading DM through USB Loader GX (r1200) with all the DML settings set to OFF and all I keep getting is the "Disc Cover Open" error. Funnily, even if I insert my actual disc at that point, it says it's not the right disc. I've also tried turning Pad Hook to ON but that didn't work either. I used GCReEX to convert the game, so I'm not sure what else could be wrong. Any input is much appreciated. :)

DiscoStick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, hey, I'm new here and I was wondering... what exactly did you do to get PSO I & II working? I'm loading DM through USB Loader GX (r1200) with all the DML settings set to OFF and all I keep getting is the "Disc Cover Open" error. Funnily, even if I insert my actual disc at that point, it says it's not the right disc. I've also tried turning Pad Hook to ON but that didn't work either. I used GCReEX to convert the game, so I'm not sure what else could be wrong. Any input is much appreciated. :)

I'm in the same boat as you, only I'm using CFG loader. I just tried it about an hour ago, and I'm getting a black screen instead of the disc error. -_- I tried my actual disc as well! XD any help guys?

and thanks for the links Ergo, definitely loving the guides you posted for PSO2!

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm in the same boat as you, only I'm using CFG loader. I just tried it about an hour ago, and I'm getting a black screen instead of the disc error. -_- I tried my actual disc as well! XD any help guys?

and thanks for the links Ergo, definitely loving the guides you posted for PSO2!

T^T. Also, I didn't realize there was an English patch, so I'd like to express my thanks for Ergo's post as well! :)

I really wish I knew how he does it :(... I have Dios Mios 2.2 Installed, the latest version of Wiiflow and USB Loader GX, but nope, without the no disc option it tells me the disc cover is open, and with the option I get the black screen of death after the Dios Mios splash screen. He could show what his settings are XD.

EDIT: Forget it, I'm stupid. I needed to convert my dump to the GCReEX format for it to run. However it crashes after the time setting option at the beginning of the game :/...

EDIT2: Didn't crash the next time after saying "no" when asked to go to the calendar settings. Seems to work fine now :).

Ehm... would you mind sharing your secrets? I know there are at least two of us here who would love to know what you did, exactly, to get it to work. Merci beaucoup d'avance!*

*My French is pretty bad, so I apologize if this is butchered.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since I wasn't able to get any assistance in the official DM thread,
I've ripped my retail PAL disc with my Wii (no compression), and tried to boot it multiple times with the latest WiiFlow build with only the widescreen hack enabled and it always locks up after the DM splash screen.

I've tried converting the ripped iso to fst on my PC via GCReEX, but get the same results.
I have followed suggestions of those in this topic too, to no avail.

Those who have this up and running, have you changed any of the default settings for PSO to work or is it just the standard?

Anjumastu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ehm... would you mind sharing your secrets? I know there are at least two of us here who would love to know what you did, exactly, to get it to work. Merci beaucoup d'avance!*

Sorry I don't come here very often, only just saw your question.
I used Gamecube Iso Tool v5 to convert my iso file to GCReEX format and Dios Mios 2.2 didn't even require the No Disc (or no DVD depending on your loader) option to boot the game normally. However the game crashes if you choose to set the clock to be different from your console upon creating a new save file on memory card, so don't do that. Should work that way....

Oh and the PAL version doesn't seem to support Progressive Patch, all I got with this one was a black screen of death, past the Dios Mios spalsh screen. Shoot...

killerloader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the pal version this is what happens for me:
If all the DM settings are off, than it says "Please insert pso i & ii disc" if i have no disc in the tray it says "PLease close the tray"
If i turn "dml no disc+" on, AND put a disc in the tray, it goes to a black screen.
If i enable Progressive hack and no disc, it also goes to a black screen (Or maybe it gives an error, i cant remember, anyways it doenst work)

SO i cant get pso i&ii PAL to work

With PSO i&ii NTSC it just always gives me the "An error has occured" screen"

HOW the hell did you guys get it to work :(

Ive got Dios Mios 2.2 (Usbloader R2000 AND diosmios booter, Both dont work with pso)

I tried using an extracted PAL AND NTSC iso with "GCReeX", And again the same problems :/

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry I don't come here very often, only just saw your question.
I used Gamecube Iso Tool v5 to convert my iso file to GCReEX format and Dios Mios 2.2 didn't even require the No Disc (or no DVD depending on your loader) option to boot the game normally. However the game crashes if you choose to set the clock to be different from your console upon creating a new save file on memory card, so don't do that. Should work that way....

Oh and the PAL version doesn't seem to support Progressive Patch, all I got with this one was a black screen of death, past the Dios Mios spalsh screen. Shoot...
Hm. I was using GCReEx to extract the .gcm, perhaps this is the issue I was having. I shall have to try using Gamecube Iso Tool instead. Thanks. :)

Frustrating.
I really wish more people were reading this too.
I've already read the official release log, which didn't really help me as you can see. I appreciate the link to a compatibilty list though. I didn't know I had to remove my slot B accessory, but then again I didn't have anything in there to begin with. Searching the internet also gives a few contradictory accounts as to what settings get this game to work, so I'm thinking it's highly variable (some people reported that it ONLY worked if they had PADHook on). I'll probably just have to continue experimenting on my own if I want to get this thing to work.

DiscoStick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. I've tried GcreeX and GC iso tool, but still nothing. I've tried a few PSO downloads as well, but still nothing! it's really weird though, I used to get the disc errors, but after a while all i've been getting is the black screen. I've tried with and without the slot b devices, with and without Padhook.
the only thing i haven't tried would be the PAL version, so I guess I'll do that. how frustrating this game turned out to be! Dammit Sega XD

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those who've managed to get the gamecube PSO working on the wii, can you use a usb keyboard?
Edit: can you get online using the wii hardware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum