Hacking Dios Mios Lite Tales of Symphonia freezes at specific cutscene

Donutman012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i started to play Tales of symphonia using dios mios lite 2.11, and now im about 5-6 hours into game, so far its been working perfectly.......... Until i got to the first cutscene with Magnius in Palmacosta, it plays fine until his henchmen casts the fireball, then the screen turns black, while the music is still playing, nothing else happens, it just stays at the black screen! >_>

Heres a video i recorded to show where this happens, every other part of the game worked fine except here, and now I can't get pass this a-hole and continue the game because of this >_>(as If I needed another reason to hate Magnius)

Donutman012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry it took me a while to reply back, yeah i was using a compressed iso, but after that i decided to try an uncompressed one, and the same thing still happens! >_>

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
yeah i was using a compressed iso, but after that i decided to try an uncompressed one, and the same thing still happens!

Have you tried checking the iso's md5 with redump's? Otherwise you could import your save and try it on either Dolphin or Nintendont to see if the problem is DM(L) only but checking if it's a clean iso is the easier option.

D

Deleted User

I came here to say, I had to find a pretty round-about method to solve this. Basically, I had to export my ToS save and load it into Dolphin on my PC and play the game past the scene. Afterwards, you can save and export the save back into DM and it will work fine. Of course, this only works if you have a computer that can emulate ToS.

A word of caution, a similar glitch happens when you first get to Ozette later on. When Rodyle tries to talk, his speech bubble freezes the game, and you have to do the same method of exporting to Dolphin once more.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an old topic, but I was wondering if a method to fix this problem has come to light?

If your ISO MD5 hash matches the one on redump.org then it's DIOS MIOS that's the problem and it isn't supported anymore. Try another Gamecube loader like Nintendont.

The tool in my sig can validate your disc image automatically.

FernandoBM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i have the same problem. How to fix it?
is there any problem with configuration?
im using USB loader GX and the game in sd card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1