LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I recently installed DIOS MIOS on my modded Wii. Everything is working fine such as Monster Hunter, SSBB and countless other Wii games also Burnt GCN Games.

The version I installed is 2.10. After several trial and errors, I was finally able to diagnose that my main hard drive was not capable to work with it so I switched to my usb key. Every game so far boots up well on my key but as soon as I reach into the game, my GC controller stops working.. I am not too sure what else I can troubleshoot.

I've done almost every possible thing I could think of..

1)Reinstall DIOS Mios to a lower version.
2)Downgrade my Loader (CFG)
3)Plugging in my memory card and Controller when the game comes up.
4)Trying another loader(DIOS MIOS Booter & Usb Loader GX(this one doesn't even see the game))
& Finally
5)Trying without a disc in the drive..

Well before someone tells me to search for the issue... I've searched all over for a good amount of hours and still no answer to this problem.

If you guys require a sys log then I can upload one soon.

Thx in Advance.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
does the gc controller not work with wii games too?

No it's working just fine. I'm playing PM right now as a matter of fact lol

That was one of the first things I checked so I tested it with my 7 different GC controllers just to make sure and like I expected, its not the controller.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try waiting for the main menu to load and then plug in the controller? I believe I had this issue before when I loaded Power Rangers: Dinothunder. I loaded the game and my controller became unresponsive. It reconnected when the main menu loaded, though.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Did you try waiting for the main menu to load and then plug in the controller? I believe I had this issue before when I loaded Power Rangers: Dinothunder. I loaded the game and my controller became unresponsive. It reconnected when the main menu loaded, though.

Which main menu? the loaders or dios mios ?

If you're talking about in game, yeah I've tried that several times on different occasions but as usual I can't do anything..

I am forced to wait for the title screen to load up since the games are not recognizing any of my inputs.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which main menu? the loaders or dios mios ?

If you're talking about in game, yeah I've tried that several times on different occasions but as usual I can't do anything..

I am forced to wait for the title screen to load up since the games are not recognizing any of my inputs.

It was in USB Loader Gx and it showed up in the disc channel. I couldn't skip through the intro movie but it let me pick the options when I got to the main menu.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is it an original Nintendo brand controller? I can't really think of anything else that could be the issue, but it might be a compatibility problem if you have a 3rd party controller.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same problem, drove me nuts. What i did to fix it is use MMM and reload to IOS 36 then install the Dios Mios wad. My controller wouldn't work if i installed under 249

Hmm... Okay I'll try that right now!

Edit:

So far I had to patch IOS36, from there I installed the WAD's..

WAD 2.10 = Fail, still not recognizing my inputs at the title screen.
WAD 2.8 = Fail, " "

About to the other WAD's on my SD.

Tried with 2.5 failed as well once again, reloaded with IOS36..

I'm gonna try while reloaded as 249 just to test. I mean, what do I have to lose? =)

Edit 2

No difference =/.

Thanks a lot for the input however ringwurm!

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
how did you mod your wii? since dios mios ain't working alone. for the mod use d2x latest or stable, and install ios236 v6 (is the same as v5 but with less questions). use ios 236 for installing all your mod wad's since it bypasses a trigger in nintendo that makes it see it's cios. ios 236 is no cios and has no special functions except for installing other ioses and mios.
other installations will work if never been version at fw 4.3 latest (yes there were problems withnewer wii's i did not have with old ones going into fw 4.3).
just restard from scratch is the only way it worked for me.
  1. update hbc
  2. update wii by nintendo or waninkoko's 4.3 updater (not patched!)
  3. install ios236 with ios236 installer
  4. install cios 202, 222, 223, d2x using ios236 with original installer.
  5. then install dios mios with whatever wad installer u wanna use using ios236.
everything should work now

DarkShadow96

LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting walkthrough

My console is at 4.3 and it has d2x 249 installed already.. So are you suggesting that pretty much rehacking it like if it was a virgin Wii should fix my issue with the controller's not being detected?

edit

Just did what JaapDaniels mentioned and always the same issue arises haha.. not too sure at this moment what else i could do to remedy the issue.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Interestingly enough... I got it working!

All I did was load a normal GC game in the disc channel.. passed the title screen then now its working perfectly with the games on my usb stick.

Cool cool...

I'll make sure to spread the word in case someone encounters the same problem. :)

Thank you all for the assistance, couldn't be any more helpful.

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
Interestingly enough... I got it working!

All I did was load a normal GC game in the disc channel.. passed the title screen then now its working perfectly with the games on my usb stick.

Cool cool...

I'll make sure to spread the word in case someone encounters the same problem. :)

Thank you all for the assistance, couldn't be any more helpful.

Holy cow, I was having the same issue and doing this resolved it.... the only difference being i could get one, and i mean one game to boot with working controls.... Luigi's Mansion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol