Hacking DIOS MIOS hanging at splash screen (no error)

spoonman54321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just last night set up my Wii to be able to play GCN backups as well as Wii backups by reformatting from WBFS to FAT32 following several guides out there. Everything went fairly smoothly.

At first, DIOS MIOS wouldn't load at all throwing an error that I needed to upgrade my loader, which was actually true and a step I missed.

I ended up getting it running pretty well for most games with DIOS MIOS v2.8, and CFGv70r51. I do still have an issue with some games, but not others and I'm wondering if anyone could help me out with the possible cause and fix for it.

When I try to launch a GCN game (in this case Pikmin 2, haven't tested all of my GCN games yet), the DIOS MIOS splash screen displays as it does with any other GCN game, and it just hangs there. No error message displays, nothing else happens. I let it sit for a full ten minutes and then just hard shut down my Wii. Other games that I have tried in my testing and run perfectly are Smash Bros Melee, Metal Gear Twin Snakes, and Super Mario Sunshine. All my Wii games are running fine from the loader.

Any thoughts on what I can try to help this issue?

spoonman54321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cluster size is 32k for sure. i set it when it formatted, and i also just now verified using chkdsk after you mentioned that... but since i've been messing with this drive for the last two days i'd bet the thing is fragmented as hell. i'll run a defrag when I get a chance and post back if that actually helps. Thanks for the suggestions.

spoonman54321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well here's good but also frustrating news. I never did defrag the drive, never had the time to let it run on my computer... but I just tried it again without doing anything differently at all. It works. So I'm glad it works but actually pretty frustrated that it makes no sense. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.