Hacking dios mios contradicting neogamma?

drottning

amateur wii hacker
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
first off, i've heard neogamma is outdated but i dunno what else to do. is there something i'm missing?

i used this tutorial to help me run backups of ssbm because my original disc is screwed.

i installed dios mios a while ago before i could get a hold of any discs to burn games on but had no luck so dios mios is kinda just... rotting on my wii now.

i have the correct ios and everything but when i go through neogamma, neogamma loads, then dios mios comes up and tells me "fatal error apploader size is zero!"

as you can see in the video, the guy doesn't have dios mios so he isn't having this issue.

after that error, i tried deleting all my files relating to dios mios on my sd card but that didn't work, i got the same error, and now that i think of it it was probably kind of pointless lol.

how do i get rid of or overwrite dios mios?

sorry i'm kind of a noob but i'm trying my best. any help is appreciated, thanks so much!!

edit: oh yeah i tried it with the GC backup launcher, does the same thing as neogamma.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Download the following from modmii and use MMM(also from modmii) to install them.

BC-NUS-v6.wad
RVL-mios-v10.wad

That will overwrite whatever dios mios you have installed and then it will be back to normal.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your wanting to play burnt gamecube games then you need to install one of the following as well.

You can get these from modmii as well

You can only have one installed on the wii at a time as they all install to the same spot so installing more then one
of them will just override the previous one you installed. I have no idea what one is recommended or has the best compatibly so its trail
and error on your end to find out.

<cM>IOSs

WiiGator+WiiPower cMIOS-v65535<v10>
WiiGator cMIOS-v4 v.02
Waninkoko cMIOS-v4 rev5

drottning

amateur wii hacker
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks mate i'll try it out ^^ i'll let you know if it works.

@ your second post, i already got mios patcher and patched it, do i still need to do what you said?

EDIT
i installed both of those WADs, it successfully got rid of dios mios (yay) but when i try to play my game (this happens on both neogamma and gc backup loader) i get a green screen for a second then my wii resets. is this a problem with my disc or my wii or did i do something wrong?

is it because i didn't install the cMIOS ?

drottning

amateur wii hacker
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i can't find it but it was just called "mios patcher". the description says "installs a patched version of MIOS which will support loading of homebrew and include DVD-R support."

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try installing one of the cmios wads i listed above first and see if you still have issues.

Using the mios patcher your not sure what version your patching so it could be an outdated one.
I would start at the top of the list and then work down if needed.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The best fix is probably just to install an updated version of DM. Just grab the newest WAD and install it over the old one.

SSBM, as well as the mod Melee SD Remix, both work flawlessly with DIOS MIOS, and I'm even using 2.5-ish when the latest is 2.10.

drottning

amateur wii hacker
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ah fishaman thank you but you see my problem is not DIOS MIOS its getting rid of it so i can play my games lol. i don't need dios mios because i have burnt ssbm to a disc.

icebrg, i will do so!

EDIT
IT WORKED!!! YAY!!!! i installed the first cMIOS you listed! AHH I'M SO HAPPY! would you guys like an art request?? i feel the need to pay you guys back for helping me finally relive my childhood (my ssbm disc has been dead for a long time...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.