Hacking Dios Mios 2.6, no longer works, was working before

orphen186

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i'd like to apologize in advance if this is the wrong section

to start off, i'd like to say that it was working, my backups were loading from a USB with both usbloader gx 3.0 and sfg usb loader, im not sure what happened, maybe files became corrupt, but i downloaded covers on cfg loader, and then i tried to load my gamecube backups, and dios mios wouldnt load the dios mios splash, so i decided to try and reinstall it, so i got onto wii mod 3.2, and went to uninstall the dios mios 2.6.wad and it gives several erorrs basically saying files are not being found, and i tried to install cmios v10 to manually remove dios mios, then try another diosmios2.6.wad install, and it still doesnt display the splash screen, and when i go to the DML installer, it says

Error: Mios input file size is wrong, size 1598532, expected

I tried to softmod again, i've tried reinstalling the cIOS, but no matter what, when i load a game with a loader, dios mios will not display the splash screen, instead it displays a black screen, i've tried waiting to see if its just taking a while, but it sat on that screen for 15 minutes, roughly, and its not just gamecube backups, if i try launching from a disk, it will load a black screen, and not the splash, and its only dios mios, i can launch wii back ups of my current games without my disk being in the hardrive without a problem, i know it works because i had it working, i'm just trying to figure out what went wrong at the moment and fix the problem

any input/help/advice is greatly appreciated, thank you (:

ps. i apologize for any typos, or spelling mistakes

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
get modmii, download a clean MIOSv10 and also BC, install it with any kind of wad manager, then reinstall DIOS MIOS 2.6. And as a word of advice, never uninstall a title from a wii. Instead, just install whatever new version you have above the older one. If that isn't solving your problem. it could help if you post a syscheck from your wii.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
get modmii, download a clean MIOSv10 and also BC, install it with any kind of wad manager, then reinstall DIOS MIOS 2.6. And as a word of advice, never uninstall a title from a wii. Instead, just install whatever new version you have above the older one. If that isn't solving your problem. it could help if you post a syscheck from your wii.

i think this may have answered the question i was going to post, which what is the correct way to update dios mios. if i read correctly that just install it over the current one i have, yes?

luke9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i keep copies of the dios mios wads in my wad folder on my sd card and when a new version comes out i use wad manage 1.7 and uninstall the old version and then install the new version and besides the issues in my posts below this one i havent had any trouble yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: