Dingoo Native SDL

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Aug 23, 2010.

Aug 23, 2010

Dingoo Native SDL by Another World at 8:25 AM (3,144 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG] Dingoo Native SDL
    Dingoo Development News
    [​IMG]

The Dingoo SDL has been ported to the Native Firmware thanks to Harteex. This development could mean more ports (games, applications, emulators) to the Native Firmware for those who do not wish to install Dingux (Dingoo Linux). Please see below for what has currently been ported and check the project post for more information.

[​IMG] Project Post

2. Frogman

Member Frogman This could be you!

Australia
    thats cool.
    what type of emulators will we be able to get now???
    and also did it end up that the a330 wasnt really by Dingoo? i dont understand how that took so long to figure out it wasnt even on their website??

3. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the dingoo a330 was made by dingoo technologies not dingoo digital. dingoo technologies is made up of team members from the original team. most of the team split after an internal issue. dingoo digital is no longer a company. all they do is make posts claiming to be the "official" team and they never release anything! both sets of people are located in the same building, also in this building is the team who designed the hardware. its a bit confusing, but i can assure you that the a330 is real and an official dingoo product by a currently active team. however, with that said, the a330 is an inferior product. take a moment to read both of the reviews i posted for gbatemp.

check these links:
    http://gbatemp.net/t230291-dingoo-a330-review#a1
    http://gbatemp.net/t227305-dingoo-a320-review#a1

-another world

4. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    This sure will give a boost to the Dingoo, some ppl still don't have dingux (like me)

5. fvig2001

Newcomer fvig2001 Advanced Member

Philippines
    Wow this is great, too bad I still can't find my dingoo in my room and my pandora is being sent back for warranty purposes. Oh well.

I hope the good emulators can be ported so I can play them on tv out.

6. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    what can we expect to see in the future (exactly)?

7. OArikadoO

Member OArikadoO GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is great; I've been trying to break into DINGUX development but I've been hindered by not having a machine on hand that can install DINGUX for me xD

For those of you wondering: Ports made with this flavor of SDL instead of the DINGUX SDL may actually run better/faster. This is becasue this port of SDL should be more optimized for the dingoo. I could be totally wrong though: Maybe this is a really nasty port (but I highly doubt that).

Lastly, if nothing else, we'll be able to take advantage of the Dingoo's video-out features with programs written with this port.

It's a very exciting time to own a Dingoo [​IMG]