Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Dingoo A380 Video Review Part1
From Etronixmart.com

A review of the Dingoo A380’s box has been published by Etronixmart. They promise that a second part will be posted soon and should include footage of the unit itself. To discuss the Dingoo A380 click on the link below. Feel free to post comments about the unit based on the box review in this thread.

discuss.png
 Discuss the Dingoo A380

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has got to be the worst review I've ever seen. Looks like the Dingoo is still an under powered handheld. I wish they made some meaningful improvements.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Like I said before, I personally detest how they ripped off three different companies for the design.

In case you can't notice,
  • xBox-style buttons
  • GBA Micro-style façade
  • PSPesque Start/Select and interface
I do like the interface though.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
its much larger than the gb micro but it does have a similar button placement. then again, how do you change where those buttons go? where would you place the start and select buttons, for example? i'm really curious to see how well 2player mode works on this. if 2 a330 controllers can be used this might be a nice portable system for any tv set. the gemei tech a330 has more high-def output options than the dingoo products. so i'm also curious to see if they have updated dingux to have more tv-out support. the down side of this system is that they are banking that dingux stays in active development. the native sdk for the dingoo was actually a nice option and some great homebrew was released just for the native firmware, its sort of a shame that the dual boot option has been removed. i guess the lack of official emu updates and firmware updates made it an easy decision to go with a currently active community based operating system, which has active homebrew development. of all my concerns for this system the biggest is the directional pad. the dingoo a320 has the worst d-pad. to date i've used well over 30 units and i've only had 2 or 3 that had a perfect d-pad (as in what we are use to with nintendo products). if the a380 is the a320 with more ram and a wireless chip it means they didn't fix the d-pad issues.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Evo.lve said:
I've never used a Dingoo, but I would really like a perfect D-pad.

Then again, it amazes me why they didn't do like the 3DS and put a PSPesque analog.

the d-pads on the dingoo systems are responsive enough for gaming. sometimes when i'm browsing the menu if i press "down" or "right" (or whatever) at the very tip of the d-pad it doesn't get registered. also, many of the dingoo systems i used had diagonal issues. i had one unit from deal extreme (that took 8 months to get a refund, that’s a story all its own), where pressing down and left worked fine but pressing down+left wasn't registered. otherwise the dingoo a320 is a treat to own, has a ton of emulation, some great homebrew, plays vids and music, etc. if they could just address the d-pad and button issues of the a330 they would have a winning system. but at this point, with their 3rd release, i think users want a faster cpu, more ram, better sdk, better lcd, instead of a 2-player mode, brightly colored buttons, and native dingux support.

it is really to bad that dingoo technologies and china chip are so secretive. asking the consumers what they want instead of telling us what we will get would have been a better strategy. this just makes me want a pandora more and more.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Syl +1