wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
mascot.gif
Dingoo A330 Review
Official GBATemp Review
00_dingoo_a330_review_header_b.png

GBATemp is proud to present a review of the Dingoo A330 manufactured by Dingoo Technologies. The Dingoo A330, marketed as the successor to the Dingoo A320, is a portable emulation and multimedia handheld gaming system. The review covers more than just impressions; it features tools, hosted files, guides, information, and more. Take a hour (or two) to read through the review, then post your comments or questions in the discussion thread linked below.

Any typos, grammatical errors, etc should be PMed to me so that I can address them. Please do not clutter the discussion thread with those comments.

icon11.gif
 Dingoo A330 Review
discuss.png
 Discuss

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thing is such a rip off for $100. I'd get one if they cut the price in half. The put a little more ram in made it look like a cheap Chinese PSP knock off and call it successor to the Dingoo A320.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
$110 is the MSRP, the shell design isn't the issue here its the cheap buttons and directional pad they used. the a330 is an a320 (does all the same stuff, has the same hardware, etc) with worse buttons and directional pad. the game controller only supports 1 player, this is a hardware limitation. so for $30 more than the cost of an a320 you get 32 extra MB of ram and nothing more. currently there are no apps, software, emulators, etc that can use the extra ram, although i expect that to change quickly with the new dingux port.

but yes i will agree with your comments, which is why this deviced earned the award it did.

to all users who read my above comments -- please don't use the above information as a "mini" review of the problems, read the review fully. there is much more to understand about this device written throughout the review.

-another world

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure I read this review pretty much word for word on another site a week ago. *starts looking for source*

EDIT: AcK! must be mistaken... Cannot find the review I had thought of. Oh well... No full speed SNES, I don't care.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great review as always. It's a shame to hear about the failings of this revision, as it could have improved so many things. The controller sounds nice, but it kinda defeats the point. Why bother, you could just use a computer.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Well, that sucks. Quite a shame it's just a reshelled A230 with an unusable RAM extension and cruddy buttons. I was actually pretty stoked about this!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
GreatCrippler said:
I am sure I read this review pretty much word for word on another site a week ago. *starts looking for source*

EDIT: AcK! must be mistaken... Cannot find the review I had thought of. Oh well... No full speed SNES, I don't care.

i hope by that you mean someone stole my dingoo a320 review and posted it as their own. and if so i will require the link to take legal action against them.

@tk_saturn: it was much easier than the dingoo a320 review. i basically used that review for structure and rewrote some impressions and the contents information. since they use the same hardware i left most of the rest of the review alone, except for a few edits and some new file hosting. all in all it took me about 5 full 8hr days to do the a330 review. the a320 review took me about 14 full 8 hr days.

-another world

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would there be anyway to get the pad to work as a PC game pad?

I'm a bit disappointed that the controller's sticks are only mirrored direction and buttons. I guess this mean no Ape Escape
frown.gif

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It must of taken you ages to compile that review. I know this only too well from my own experience.

As for the device. Its a head scratcher. Why did the "dingoo" team sink most of their resources into a poor redesign of the shell. Do they not understand the market they are selling to? The whole thing reeks of a cake with new icing, only now the same old cake is a little bit stale. They would of been better served to keep the old shape and just soup up the innards. Upgrade the CPU,RAM and add WIFI networking. These 3 additions would have made the product far more attractive to the homebrew crowd.

Seems like the "companies" recent internal wrangles have had an effect and thus this handheld appears to be a shallow cash in.

Shame.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just out of curiosity... with so many cons, why did it get the 'Bronze GBAtemp Award'? If it's essentially the same thing as the A320 with worse buttons and shell, why give it any award at all? Essentially based on the review, people should just avoid this product.

I'll stick with my PSP as my emulation 'game king'
yaypsp.gif

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The ironic thing like all Chinese technology is that this A330 is not made by Dingoo but is a rip off clone with all the logos etc all over it. Dingoo are going after them legally to stop this product.

Dingoo only makes the A320. So be warned!

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Another World, your reviews are the best. Very well written, well researched, you put the other folks to shame.
smile.gif

Re. the wireless controller, what exactly does this '6 axis' stuff mean? I've read that mentioned a few places, and of course it's part of Dingoo Tech's ad copy, but what is it supposed to do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."