Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Dingoo A330 announcement & news
Live from Dingoo land
The good thing about working with people like the ShopTemp Team, it is that GBAtemp now gets to know how things work directly from the inside. We have recently read about issues with Dingoo A320 being shipped by ShopTemp and other shops; some consoles being unable to start official and community applications & emulators, among other annoying problems.

So we thought we should just ask the Dingoo manufacturer themselves. And not only did we get an answer, but we got other news to share! The ShopTemp guys have managed to get a goldmine of information. Here's the raw deal, directly from the Dingoo manufacturer:
  • Regarding the HK console, there has been complete confusion and misinformation. The official word is that there is no HK or non-HK version, they only manufacture one version of the console. However, one of their ex-employees has been working with competitors to spread false information and rumors on the Internet (quoting them). In the meantime, our ShopTemp partners confirm that they have definitely spotted fake clones on the electronics market in Shenzhen, but these are quite easy to tell apart and the cost price is much lower than the real thing.
  • Lately, some customers have received consoles that failed to run official and community applications & emulators. The Dingoo Team has been made aware of the problem, and are asking us to gather a complete list of all official/homebrew software that fails to run on those consoles, in order to help them figure out the issue. The issue may affect *any* retailer that gets new stock at this point, including ShopTemp and many others, as seen on the Dingoonity forums. So if you own one of these consoles, please help us complete the list by replying to this topic.
  • They unveiled exclusive information to the ShopTemp Team regarding their newest console: the Dingoo A330!
  • The Dingoo A330 will be released later this month or sometime next month.
  • From the packaging, it seems that the console will come with the following emulators: GBA, SNES, NES, Mega Drive, Neo Geo, CPS1, CPS2, Lynx, GBC, Master System
  • It will come with an embedded 2.4 GHz radio receiver in order to support wireless game controllers
  • The following video formats will be supported: RMVB, RM, AVI, WMV, FLV, MPEG, DAT, MP4, ASF. As for audio, supported formats are MP3, WMA and FLAC. Apparently the media player has been enriched with many new features too.
  • Among the features described on the packaging, it seems the console will (still) come with an FM radio module, a digital recorder, an image browser (supporting JPEG, BMP, GIF and PNG), an e-book reader which can be opened while playing music and U-Disk functionality.
  • We do not have any information regarding technical specifications, but we will make sure to ask as soon as possible. However we already know that the internal storage will remain unchanged, 4GB flash memory with MiniSD card support.
  • ShopTemp will be selling the Dingoo A330 as soon as it gets released, they will even open pre-orders soon!

Click image to view full packaging photo

download.gif
 View product and packaging photo large (250K), extra large (2.5 MB). Those photos are courtesy of the Dingoo manufacturer so feel free to steal them, but please do not hotlink them from our server.
icon11.gif
 Visit official Dingoo website
icon11.gif
 Check out the Dingoo A320 on ShopTemp
discuss.png
 Discuss and help us build the software list

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Doesn't look so much interesting...

Looks like it's compatible with SMSGoo meaning, it's almost the same CPU (Exactly the same?) Than the Dingoo A320...

Waiting for the Full specs.
tpi.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
this is beautiful news (the newer version not anything else)... good to know they are getting closer and closer to play DS and PSP games on it (although i am thinking far-fetchingly)
if there is gba and snes and noth being of the best handheld consoles, there is nothing more one could want and besides it plays almost anything commonly played

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Uh, go back to the old design. It just screams PSP knock off. If I wanted to feel like I was playing a PSP I'd play my PSP. They should design the A330 to look and feel like a unique product.

shideneyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ouch ! It looks bigger than the a320 version, and it seems it doesn't not support the Wi-Fi ! That's a bad news :s
I hoped in a first time that it will be compatible with the PSP (the specs are better than the PSP, and the screen looks equal), however, this Dingoo is still cool
smile.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Nice, I cant wait to see what's under the A330's hood, I hope its not just a repackaged A320. I will almost definitely be pre-ordering from shoptemp. Although like Opium said I wish they didn't go for the PSP rip off styling. Its just so unnecessary considering the Dingoo has earned itself a nice little reputation on its own merits.

Anyway this little blurb from the box sold me completely.

a330box.png

What other handheld can offer unlimited happiness?
yaypsp.gif

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the original Dingoo. Its a superb bit of kit considering the price. I like the idea of a WIFI controller but adding gamepad support seems odd for a portable device. IF the WIFI could be used for online play/downloads etc, then its a welcome addition to the feature list.

I, like others, will be very interested in the final tech specs.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
It seems they just added the gbc and sms / gg emus made by end users and preloaded it on , as the firmware looks pretty similar in design.

if they make the snes and gba emu work better then i will be buying one as the main downfall of the a320 was the native emus on snes ,genesis and gba which all had flaws.
the dpad looks better so hopefuly it works better.
also the wifi controller also looks like a cool add on.

still a great system i use every day and will be getting if they fix the native emus and dingux still works on it which is what made the dingoo so great.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I kinda agree to say that it looks almost like the original one... just a slight redesign and some small changes...

its like the DSi, not a complete new console generation, but some cool additions and a redesign...

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathking said:
It seems they just added the gbc and sms / gg emus made by end users and preloaded it on , as the firmware looks pretty similar in design.

I hope they credit Alek Maul, if they bundle his superb native dingoo emulators. It would be bad form to include them with this new device without the proper recognition.

They need to go open source to fully realize the great potential of the product. No more hacks. Embrace the Dingux community and give the talented coders the proper support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr