Gaming Dimps Says Wii U Does Not Meet the Criteria for Dragon Ball: Xenoverse

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-600x250.jpg
I also took the time to pick their brains about possible Wii U, PS Vita, and PC versions. On the Wii U, they mentioned that they liked the platform a lot. However, they conceded that for the type of game they want to make, the Wii U just doesn’t meet the criteria. As for PS Vita and PC, they wouldn’t comment on the possibility of the game launching on those platforms.

Dragon-Ball-Xenoverse-04-570x320.jpg

Source: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/0...onto-next-gen-in-dragon-ball-xenoverse/90243/

As a Dragon Ball fan I wanted the game to be on the Wii U but considering how amazingly the game looks it certainly would be a shame to have the graphics be torn down so that it'd work on it, despite that they'll be releasing Dragon Ball: Xenoverse on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

There's also the other potential reasons that A) Wii U sales might have had effect on their decision, B) 25GB may have had not been enough for the entire game unless Nintendo's Blu-rays can at some point be 50GB instead.

Oh well, no biggie I was already planning to go with PlayStation 4's version (probably the best way to play it) anyway. ^_^

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If the game is coming to 360 and ps3 then the reason not to bring it to wii u is not a technical one.

Quite simply I imagine they don't want to waste their resources and money porting it to a console where they have a good chance of not seeing a strong return. Simple.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Like, really? With the PS3 and X360 versions doing all right? Well, I see a pile of reasons why they don't want to make the game for the Wii U, but such an explanation is lame.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The Wii U sales level needs to be over 9000, which is not the case right now. So this isn't all too surprising.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You do know it's 8000, not 9000. A true fan should know! ;)

I'm sure the Wii U is technically capable (it's certainly more capable than PS3 and X360, both which are getting the game), but Dimps may have a certain philosophical view on the Wii U that doesn't fit the game. Maybe they see the Wii U GamePad as a hindrance and can't think of a creative enough use for it, so they're skipping the Wii U entirely. I'm sure fans of the game would still appreciate it without GamePad support, but reviews may not be as forgiving (although to be fair we have DKCTF and that was positively received). The other point is that Dimps may see the Wii U as more of a childrens' console not suitable for a violent action/fighter game.

Whichever reason, it's worrying that developers openly admit the Wii U does not meet their criteria for a game even though the Wii U is technically capable of supporting the game. This is yet another thing Nintendo must work on. I'm hoping Bayonetta 2 receives strong praises, as it could be the game to put an end on the "kiddie console" being rated for 16+.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You do know it's 8000, not 9000. A true fan should know! ;)

I'm sure the Wii U is technically capable (it's certainly more capable than PS3 and X360, both which are getting the game), but Dimps may have a certain philosophical view on the Wii U that doesn't fit the game. Maybe they see the Wii U GamePad as a hindrance and can't think of a creative enough use for it, so they're skipping the Wii U entirely. I'm sure fans of the game would still appreciate it without GamePad support, but reviews may not be as forgiving (although to be fair we have DKCTF and that was positively received). The other point is that Dimps may see the Wii U as more of a childrens' console not suitable for a violent action/fighter game.

Whichever reason, it's worrying that developers openly admit the Wii U does not meet their criteria for a game even though the Wii U is technically capable of supporting the game. This is yet another thing Nintendo must work on. I'm hoping Bayonetta 2 receives strong praises, as it could be the game to put an end on the "kiddie console" being rated for 16+.

Yeah, but it might've been the sales figures as well as the kiddy-thingy that gotten them thinking of not releasing for WU.

Who cares it's another shitty DBZ game

That would be the case if it were developed by Spike/Artdink but it's by Dimps, so they're making an awesome fighting game and I can't wait for it!

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i've seen my little pony crystal pony figures that weren't as blindingly shiny as those models. i dont like it.

i also wonder why those developers keep bullshitting people about the reasons they will or wont port games for certain consoles. if it works on ps3 and 360, it easily works on the wii u. so performance isnt the reason.

why cant they just say: theres not enough wii u to warrant the work? or the architecture doesnt allow to port the thing over with minimal work so we're not doing it. or we just dont care about it, fuck you wii u owners.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would it be released on Xbox360 & PS3 and not WiiU due to limitations???, that's just silly talk. :wacko:

I'm thinking it has to do with the customer/user base more than anything, the Wii U isn't weaker than the previous consoles, so it's not a hardware issue. Dimps is just....yeah.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.