Digital Camera to R4DS - ??

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Ohfrikenno, Jul 13, 2007.

Jul 13, 2007
  1. Ohfrikenno
    OP

Newcomer Ohfrikenno Newbie

Canada
    so...my MicroSD card came with an SD card adapter, meaning it will also fit into my digital camera, I was wondering if it's possible to use the micro SD (already loaded with R4DS firmware, games etc.) in my camera, take X amount of pictures, then remove the micro SD from my digital camera, put it back into my R4 and then view the pictures i just took on my DS? or will there be issues with file saving or something...? i really don't kno, can anyone help?

2. blade85

Member blade85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the phone will format the card for its own use, which will means it will probably delete all of ur games and stuff

3. ghettobob

Member ghettobob GBAtemp Regular

United States
    wtf, not for me...my phone, camera, and GPS can all work with the microSD and/or adapter. Im sure you cant switch the card between devices...I HIGHLY doubt it and I mean i'm 99.9% sure.

4. PuyoDead

Member PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

United States
    Cameras usually use a specific directory structure (mine uses n:\DCIM\[user chosen number]MSDCF). So, if you create that structure on the card first, your camera might use it like normal. You just don't want to risk the camera formatting the card first. You'd have to browse to that directory in moonshell to see the images, though.

Also, check to see if your camera uses a different file system (FAT/FAT32/whatever). You'll want those to be the same, too.

5. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Should work assuming they both support the same FAT structure. Just in case I'd backup your stuff before trying. But basically you should just try. It won't do anything bad if you back things up and I think it has a good chance of working.

One thing to keep in mind however, is that if you have a good camera and you're taking 7 megapixel pictures that your DS won't be able to handle picture of that size. Either way the pictures will be loading slow unless you make small pictures.

6. JacobReaper

Member JacobReaper I Love You....

United States
    lol, i tried that and it worked fine.. it will work =D