Digimon

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah, Pokemon, Digimon, and Monster Rancher were like the only anime-ish cartoons I ever really watched, except for a season or so of Medabots or whatever. Still, nothing can compare to the first couple seasons of Digimon, although after the third it was unwatchable. I've been thinking about trying to download it, but I hardly get online anymore.

Come to think of it, I don't think I finished watching Monster Rancher...

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did anyone ever watch the first few episodes of Pokemon then compare it to the latest episodes? Ash seriously had some puberty issues @_@

Pokemon > Digimon
biggrin.gif

Wilson735

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. I never really watched Digimon too much. I was mostly obsessed with the first couple season of Pokemon. I remember waking up at 6:45 every morning so I could watch it.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ah, monster rancher was great, I loved the PS1 computer game where you could put any disk into the console to generate monsters. shame it doesn't work on my ps2

SirSweeps said:
Digimon came way before poke' mon (in the us at least).... I remember getting one in elementary school it was brown lol ... remember they were exactly like tamagotchi but you could connect them and fight... My self and a few friends had a big year long tournament with em'

ah, I had one of those! it was great, shame no-one else i knew had one
frown.gif

QUOTE(Xcalibur @ Jan 29 2009, 02:22 AM) Anyone remember that show with mummies that turn into these armoured versions of themselves cause they have to protect the incarnate of their pharaoh who's a little kid living in new york? That show was the shit too.

mummies alive! that was one seriously weird show

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
when i realized that ash's dubber had changed i didnt want to watch it anymore. because its horrible.

PIKACHU ROXXORS

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
yeah
i used to watch pokemon (first few seasons were gud but then was meh) ,
digimon (1 and 2 were gud, i remember cursing the tv channel when they stopped showing it)
dragonball( 1 and Z were gud but didnt like GT)
metabot (ok)
monster rancher (
biggrin.gif
)

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
If any of you guys stayed in the Middle East for a while from 2000-2004/5, that was when Digimon and Let's and Go! ruled kids minds here.
The amount of merchandise sold here would probably be more than all other places in the world combined for Let's and Go.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The first to third seasons of Digimon were great. I lost interest in the series afterwards. But the music... Oh, the music. GREAT OSTs. Go get them NAO.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah, I actually watched a newer episode of Pokemon yesterday morning(not really by choice). It really isn't watchable anymore.

Also, on sell.com, some guy is seling all 5 seasons of Digimon, plus the movies, on DVD for about 55 dollars shipped worldwide. Might be interesting for people like me who want to watch it again but don't have the internet resources.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My acting coach was the voice of Davis's little sister. (season 2) Since I was the only kid in the class that was SUPER OBSESSED (I LITERALLY watched & recorded every episode every saturday and watched the reruns every week too) she took me to the studio once to meet everyone else. While there I got a signed copy of the script of the last episode of season 2, got to watch them dubbing it, and got this spoiler sheet thing for season three (this was like 3 months before s.3 aired, so I was the coolest kid in school because of it for a while)
It was soooo awesome. But I lost touch with her after middle school T_T

But yea, digimon was my favorite show of all. Its like a more awesome .hack (especially season 3.)
My fav digi was wizardmon. He was badass
smile.gif

Favorite Digi-destined was... Tai... lol, what can I say, I like the hero. Matt did suck.

But I actually loved season 3, just 4+5 sucked. It pissed me off how they were like "lol, these kids watched season 1+2 on tv lololol" but beyond that it was fun, especially near the end when that crazy red shit was like destroying the universe lol.
Digimon was so great because it actually had a plot that was constantly moving forward and evolving, plus the villains were awesome.
Remember puppetmon? How he killed his subordinate and all that? He was the first villain I truly hated in a show. And piedmon was a frikkin douche.
And the heroes were awesome too. I was always so sad when they would die. (Wizardmon, Leomon, Sukamon, the list goes on...)
But yea, love it.
I also liked medabots, but I never finished the last episode cause there was some emergency broadcast and it was canceled T_T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.