Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,587,583
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

JamesAaronSpirin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was supposed to be released a few months ago but real life got in the way. People keep bombarding them with comments on Facebook asking when it'll be released (seriously), but there's no ETA other than hopefully in 2021.

This was posted on December 31, 2020.
https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecoded/posts/2700490870281790
Now some bittersweet news:
Lost Evolution will not be released this year.
Here’s why:
The translation has been completed 100%, but our Translator has gotten ill and the game didn’t make it in time for editing nor testing. We were dedicated releasing Decode this year and has been accomplished now.
We have no specific timeframe for Lost Evolution yet, but I’m fairly confident it’s gonna be out next year.

shadowpikachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've replayed Digimon DS, Dawn, Dusk 4 times over the last 8 years and I have been waiting so long for this game to be translated lmao. I already graduated high school and college and still think about this game a couple times a year
Dude same, i am currently going crazy over it again and don't wanna replay any older game again as my enjoyment may be compromised by being used to something similar.

I don't enjoy much, so i'd rather just wait some more to ensure it's maximized enjoyment.

It's been through a crazy rollercoaster of emotions to get to the editing phase it is now! One more push!

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've replayed Digimon DS, Dawn, Dusk 4 times over the last 8 years and I have been waiting so long for this game to be translated lmao. I already graduated high school and college and still think about this game a couple times a year

Why not play the two Digimon Vita games?

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
any word? I want to play this game so bad
Acording to their face book the game is
"100% translated, 60% edited. First playtests have already been conducted, things are looking good, release expected by 2022"
and are "expecting to have it finisished in the first half of the new year."

• Love
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Yuki01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Acording to their face book the game is
"100% translated, 60% edited. First playtests have already been conducted, things are looking good, release expected by 2022"
and are "expecting to have it finisished in the first half of the new year."
that is good~ Can't wait to download it and play the english version hope it is soon :)

• Love
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I'm surprised that the 90% done thing wasn't posted but sadly I can't post the link due to how new my account is
Seems like i had a brainfart on that heat here the last few weeks doesnt help either, but since i dont have a facebook the best i can do is just link the regular link https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecoded/ for those that dont want to go to facebook, to quote the message

"Hello everyone,
It's been a while. I'm happy to report that the Editing process for Lost Evolution is currently at 90% and we are getting closer to the finish line. After that some testing will be required but we are pretty much right on schedule and guaranteed to have it out this year.
That's all folks"

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To quote the operation decoded facebook
"
Hello everyone and Happy New Year!
While it’s already 2023 in some time zones, some are still getting there. Nevertheless, places to go, kittens to save, so we thought we would give you one last late Christmas present
🙂

Thought to be lost to time, we finally present you our Lost Evolution Translation!
After months of sweat, tears, and the odd mental breakdown, the Lost Evolution Translation Project is complete!
As with our last release, we only provide the patch bundled with XDelta. If you have played our previous Decode Patch, it’s pretty much the same procedure.
You will have to provide your own dump. Given the nature of the DS there are
some limitations we will have to live with:
1) You will not be able to enter Nicknames for Digimon >8 characters. The Default Names will however display the full Name of the Digimon.
2) The Player Name cannot be >5 characters.
3) As you already know from Dusk/Dawn, some names had to be shortened, given the limited space
on the screen available. This was already the case with the Japanese release of this game.
4) The game runs most smoothly on Hardware and melonDS. While we don’t discourage the use of other emulators, you may or may not run into issues with them.
Last but not least: While we strive to do a good job, sometimes even we still miss things. Should you spot anything worth reporting, you can contact us via [email protected]
I hope you all have a great new year and I wish you all the best and enjoy on behalf of everyone from Operation Decoded!
Happy New 2023!
"

https://mega.nz/file/pEQ1CS4Y#QLGw9QSDNCqTZ_8-UxPdgbyo-xNYursp3B0G5s23FWE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water