Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by yugix, Mar 16, 2012.

?
  1. Stick with Japanese names for all names.

128 vote(s)
    27.7%
  2. Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

334 vote(s)
    72.3%
  1. d3m4st

d3m4st Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    Indonesia
    can someone tell me where to find japanese website for quest ?

2. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Isso_Non_Ecxiste GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    at gamefaqs u can find it out. but i would suggest ya waitin 3 more months until they release all the work they've done, and (or) if someones appears to continue the translation (if necessary).
    i want 2 work on it, i already started somethings with translation in this rom, but i don't have time this year, only next year i'll B able to "touch 'n work" on it.

i meant, if romstar don't get better, ofc. they promised continuin the work if the primary guy get successfully recovered from the eyesight problem he got.

also, if they continue workin on it or not, it's a fact that i'll try to modify anyway lost evo, in EVERYTHING!
    my list of NDS games is about 99.00% in need only of this amazin game. the guys from mugen no frontier exceed, they're about 2 share the finished patched rom in the very end of this year so...

3. JoeyHutt

JoeyHutt Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2018
    Canada
    So has the project been dropped or are they still working on it?

4. Smittles

Smittles Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Neither of the above. The project has not been dropped, but they are not currently working on it. If you check several posts back, or go directly to their Facebook page which always has the most up-to-date progress/news you will know exactly what is going on.

5. Cygen

Cygen Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Project is Still going on but seems like an release is now a little farther away then previously planned since the Main Person/Translator who is now behind the Project seems to have some serious Health Issues regarding his Eyesight. (As far as I was informed)

6. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    hello guys
    in my other projects i'm about 85% of completation in the 1st, i'm gonna finish it until jan 2019.
    in the 2nd one, it's not even started yet, but since it's a video conversion, there is no necessity convertin the whole thing at once.

so, it looks like i'll start lost evo hackin thing about jan 2019 ^_^
    that's all 4 while, let's root for the primary team's success!

(just a note, i'll 4 sure try to modify this awesome game in anyways)​

Last edited by Isso_Non_Ecxiste, Nov 28, 2018
    AsPika2219 and Skittyusedcovet like this.
  7. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    when i was learning how 2 hack this game, i used 2 test somethings and i already saved on my pc the little progress i made.

[​IMG]

i rly want help in order 2 start this project next year, i'm plannin 2 work as a secundary team, since the primary is romstar's one.
    i'll try 2 modify everything in this game, includin digi gallery if possible, editin all the sprites i think necessary 2 do it, also i'm plannin 2 remove *DOT* digimon and replace with other cool digimon (this is not a promise, only a thing i'm plannin on my mind).

also the help i asked Bfore, i rly need lost evolution save file, at least for a while. at this point, i can say i learned how to edit everything with image files inside this game, so i'll try 2 begin with the image files 1st. next step, i'll try 2 modify text files (i haven't learned this yet) - so if i get confused i'll ask u guys if someone knows how 2 to help me out with it.

i'm rly excited, and i'm also waitin romstar's patch, if they release their patch 1st than me, i'll continue hackin this game since i want 2 hack everything and not only a single translation. mayB i'm just dreamin but i'd like 2 say that i have hope and faith.

Last edited by Isso_Non_Ecxiste, Nov 29, 2018
    AsPika2219 likes this.
  8. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    So... maybe by April next year then?

9. scopedog-RSC85

scopedog-RSC85 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2018
    Indonesia
    bandung
    i thought it will be soon after re-digitize but it doesn't look like it. hmm....

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

10. Chetti

Chetti Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2017
    Colombia
    I hope they don't drop the project.

scopedog-RSC85 likes this.
  11. EnvyPlays

EnvyPlays Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2018
    Australia
    Hi!

While it's not a complete patch or anything (its just me inserting text over gameplay I've recorded), I hope this can maybe tide you guys over until an actual English patch is released one day :)

AsPika2219, artlan and tyrantnyx like this.
  12. XDragon2688

XDragon2688 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2014
    United States
    NY
    If you know how to read japanese and can program, why not contact the team and join up to make the working patch?

13. steffy

steffy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2016
    Belgium
    EnvyPlays, did you find a translation patch or did you put text on montage ?

14. EnvyPlays

EnvyPlays Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2018
    Australia
    I know Japanese, but know nothing about programming, I just edit in the text over recordings of the gameplay. As for why I didn't contact the team, its because they seemed to want a professional translator, which I am far from, unfortunately. :( I would have, but I feel without any qualifications, and without being 100% fluent, I doubt they'd accept me as my translations aren't perfect, and they seem to want perfection... I'm still learning and my channel is more for me to practice, thus I'm very sure there are mistakes here and there... XD

I put the text over video recordings (that I recorded myself) using a video editing program, sorry, I have no clue how to patch or program, so this is the best I can do... XD

Last edited by EnvyPlays, Jan 2, 2019
    artlan likes this.
  15. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    are u editing the ROM, or just inserting text on the video u recorded?
    I'm translation 'n hackin lost evo by my own, since I want 2 change everything in this game i can, also DOT digimon i'm planin 2 modify.

tell me if u're a text translator, we can work 2gether, u with text files, and i with image files

16. EnvyPlays

EnvyPlays Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2018
    Australia
    I'm just adding text over a recorded video. I have no experience with ROM hacking or editing, and personally have no interest in it. That being said, my translations are 100% free to use in any way, so feel free to use what's in my videos if you'd like :)

17. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    oh ok, ty.
    cuz, i started a hackin project of this game by my own, i'm about to begin the translation thing at 2019/01/15.
    but i'm editin the rom, includin the digi sprites, i'm gunna change 'em all into hi-quality ones. also, i'm plannin removin dot digimon and replacin with other digi.
    i can spend about 4 hours each day in front of my computer (saturday can't), i already finished my old project (i was workin on my very new computer software for the game yu-gi-oh! wc 2011 - over the nexus) and so, my top priority NOW, is only search for rock/metal female singer bands, in order to convert to DPG, 4 my ds, and translate lost evo.

everything goin well at this time...

18. XDragon2688

XDragon2688 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2014
    United States
    NY
    Do you have an aversion to the letter G?

EnvyPlays likes this.
  19. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    yesn't!!! lmao

i just use it that way cuz it's more simple 2 type on the keyboard.
    kinda...
    i think it's also cool, it's my very own style 'n i love it!

TheTrueDream42 likes this.
  20. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    well guys... as promised, i'm gunna start eng translation + rom hackin for the game digimon lost evolution. i have 2 say i will use this month in order 2 organize all the stuff i got, in order to speed up the translation progress. when the time comes (about february) i'm gunna tell ya my weekly progress, by showin screenshots, and tellin what things i've made. mayB i create a new thread just for this, idk what i'm gonna do, but...

i'm just sayin 4 now, never lose ur hope! let's cheer for romstar team, also, since i'm gonna hack everything in the game, it's ok if havin 2 teams, 4 the sake of you guys.

good january 4 every1!!! happy new 2019!!!!!

Skittyusedcovet likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted